On-Core Time Master
for iPhone and iPod Touch . Buy it now!
Back to main screen
On-Core Time Master is the ultimate time tracking app for your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch.
Version update notes
What we are working on and will be in version 5.x:
What's new in version 5.7:
- Added custom date range filter.
- Added Category as a Time/Expense Entry subtitle.
- Fixed Discount/Markup label on input.
- Workaround for iOS 6 crash when tapping on empty selection columns.
- Improved sort order when searching Time/Expense entries.
- Added ability to display unapplied amount on Statements.
- Fixed Invoice report crash when including payments.
- Fixed issue with the trimming of QB Item names when creating IIF file.
What's new in version 5.6:
- New scrollable and configurable menu bar for easier navigation among modules.
- Fixed expenditure importer.
- Updated Dropbox integration (note: old Dropbox integration will stop working on Dec 1st).
- Added support for Sessions to Calendar integration.
- Added support for 4-inch screen.
- Added support for A6 processor.
- Reset backup reminder after a backup/restore.
- Timesheet report now has entries properly adjusted depending on the timezone they were created.
- Keyboard no longer covers text entry field.
- Fixed Auto Invoice crash when setting minimum amount.
What's new in version 5.5:
- Added ability to simplify the Add/Edit Time Entry and Add/Edit Expense Entry user interface.
- Added ability to customize event title on calendar integration.
- Fixed UI when asking to annotate session and starting a new timer at the same time.
- Added option to "Auto Invoice" function so it can now generate Invoices on a per Project basis.
- Fixed Collapse by Expenditure, Project-Expenditure, and Project-Task not showing Expense entries on invoice correctly.
- Added ability to show/hide labels exported to the QB Memo field.
What's new in version 5.4:
- Auto-select item when adding a new item from a picker list.
- Check and warn if timers are running before generating a report.
- Fixed report HTML generation when using foreign languages and amounts.
- Fixed session start time being off by a minute when added manually.
- Fixed calendar sync removing events not from Time Master.
- Fixed crash when multi-timers option was set to ask.
- Added ability to customize the information exported to the QB Memo field.
What's new in version 5.3:
- Added general purpose Category field to Time Entries and Expenses.
- Added option to publish Time Master entries to built-in Calendar.
- Fix to properly display purpose on Expense rows if enabled.
- Fixed invoices not syncing properly depending on who initiated the sync session.
- Added ability to customize Time, Expenses & Duration labels.
- Categories are mapped to QB classes.
- QB classes are imported as categories.
What's new in version 5.2:
- Allow to disable post-processing on receipts.
- New setting to allow entering odometer amounts using the keypad.
- Fixed Setup -> General crash on certain circumstances.
- Fixed date filter selection on app restart.
- Added search by Client on Manage Invoices.
What's new in version 5.1:
- IMPORTANT: Split Task/Expenditure and Reference/Purpose on both Reports and Invoices. In order to make Time Master more powerful for Reports and Invoices, we have now separated the Task/Expenditure On/Off functionality and now export them in separate fields. If you have setup a specific CSV format, please verify that it is ok after updating to Time Master 5.1.
- Added toggle to switch between new UI and system UI appearance.
- Restoring Backup now displays an error if the backup file fails an integrity check.
- Fixed issue where the starting day on the calendar was not correct in certain languages.
- Improved readability of section headers when new UI look is active.
- Fixed issue where you could get the message "Could not store Entry".
What's new in version 5.0:
- Added visual and vibrate notification option (iOS 4+).
- Added new calendar control for picking dates (iOS 4+).
- Added backup reminder.
- New UI look.
- Option to use System Keypad instead of custom one.
- Disabled IPV6 for syncing to solve intermittent connection problems on iOS 5+
- Fixed issue with synchronization of deleted receipts.
- Fixed legacy rounding modes.
- Fixes to one way mode synchronization.
- Fix issue when restoring from a backup file when a receipt had no image(s).
- Added Statements.
- Allow entering HTML messages for the invoice/statement email body.
- Added database integrity check for duplicate invoice numbers (duplicates will be renumbered).
- Detach time entry from "Pending Status" invoice if client is changed.
- Disallow duplicate invoice numbers per Company.
- Display Task/Expenditure name, code and notes (if enabled) when collapsing by Project.
- Unapply all payments from an invoice if status is changed back to Pending.
What's new in version 4.9:
- Fixed compiler problem with older devices (effecting: keypad, invoices, etc.).
- Fixed rare crash when selecting entries/expenses after restoring from backup.
What's new in version 4.8:
- Fixed picker list for Global Tasks.
- Lists properly sorted.
- Ask to mark as reported after saving to Dropbox.
What's new in version 4.7:
- Improved multi-line display for Client/Project/Task/Expenditure to only use multi-lines if needed.
- Updated to the latest Dropbox SDK.
- Restored compatibility with iOS 3.x.
- Fixed generation of reports with over 1000 time entries/expenses.
- Fixed printing invoice/payment reports on iPad.
- Proper handling of quoted/multi-line items in IIF importer.
- Fixed bluetooth sync on iOS 5+.
What's new in version 4.6:
- Added support for multi-line display on Client/Project/Task/Expenditure pickers and labels to accommodate longer names.
- For 3 digits decimal amounts fields, have a minimum of two decimal digits for display.
- Removed break time when sessions are in use.
- Fixed an issue that would stop rotation from working.
- Display invoice status on Time Entries and Expenses with colored dots.
- Allow collapsing entries by both project and/or task and project and/or expenses.
- Include employee name on QB export email.
- Improved import performance.
- Fixed an import problem that would not match older QB records properly.
- Support for importing jobs that include a QB sub-type.
What's new in version 4.5:
- Allow expense amounts to have 3 decimal digits.
- Import PDF receipts from Dropbox.
- Group exported receipts by client.
- Renamed "Daily Fixed Amount" project type to "Fixed Amount (reusable)" to avoid confusion.
- Changed Quickbooks importer for better handling of very large IIF files.
- Fixed receipt title placement on PDF exports.
- Allow customization of "Invoice #" and "PO #" labels on invoice.
What's new in version 4.4.2:
- Fixed issue where Time Master would crash when you try to email a Report for devices running iOS less than 3.2.
What's new in version 4.4.1:
- Fixed issue where new "Breaks" field was not properly being deducted from an Invoice.
What's new in version 4.4:
- Added support for entering "Breaks".
- Ability to photo capture Receipts for Expenses.
- Added Total display on time entry add/edit screen.
- Allow daily fixed amount projects to have a zero rate.
- Saving of Reports and Invoices to Dropbox.
- Truncate very long client/job/item names on QuickBooks exporter.
- Modifying a Fixed Amount project value now correctly updates the related Time Entries.
- Respect deleted attribute in Dropbox.
- When Multi timers is set to ask, make sure to annotate session if a timer is being stopped.
- Misc compatibility fixes.
- *** Please see the updated documentation if you want to learn how capture Receipts or If you want to use the optional Breaks field. This can be viewed in-app or downloaded from our website.
- Fixed crash issue when having a discount amount on an empty invoice.
- Collapsed entries/expenses on Invoices are now sorted by date.
- Unapply payments when deleting an invoice.
- Properly display tax flag on collapsed entries and expenses.
What's new in version 4.3:
- Fixed issue where Projects and non-global Task names could not be duplicated when creating them for different clients.
- Added Company fields and filter on Invoice Report.
What's new in version 4.2:
- Added support for Fixed Daily Amount Projects and Fixed Total Amount Projects.
- Added clicking feedback sound for custom keypad input (only available on iOS 4.2 and up).
- Added optional extended trip information to mileage expenses.
- Improved total calculation time on faster devices.
- Fixed issue with app becoming unresponsive after multitasking while the date/time selector was on display.
- Force unique names for certain items (clients, projects, tasks, expenditures, terms, taxes, payroll, pay methods, companies) to enhance Sync matching.
- Prevent Time & Expenses from scrolling to the top after editing a record.
- Added Company filter on Invoice Picker.
- Added ability to Collapse entries on Invoices by Project or Task, for Time Entries and Project or Expenditure, for Expenses (fixed in 4.2).
- Fixed orientation support on Add/Edit Company screen.
- Fixed applying time zone information on invoice Start and Stop times.
- Fixed expense picker on invoice module showing gray background.
What's new in version 4.1:
- Added Companies (multiple Header support).
- Added Cost Total to HTML report.
- Fixed new keypad control on iOS 3.2 devices.
- Fixed multiple issues with sessions management that improves usability.
- Fixed problem with Time Sheet Report for iOS 3.2 and below.
- Fixed issue with Synchronization when a Name was used more than once.
- Added ability to Collapse entries on Invoices by Project or Task, for Time Entries and Project or Expenditure, for Expenses. (broken, will be fixed in 4.2)
What's new in version 4.0:
- Added new Timesheet report type.
- Added keypad input to fields that require numeric input (only available with iOS 4.0 and up).
- Fixed certain screens not popping out when the tab selection changed.
- Removed animation from date and time selector.
- Disallow sessions to start before entry start time or span beyond 24 hours past entry start time.
- Do not allow to start the timer on an old time entry that uses sessions.
- Fixed an issue with the Reference/Purpose screens being pushed twice.
- Email fields can now contain more than one address. They must be separated by a semi-colon (;).
- Added signature support on Invoices.
- Fixed Invoice report generator failing when Terms were not found.
- Fixed Terms deletion to scrub invoices.
What's new in version 3.8:
- Fixed problem where keyboard could get stuck on screen after applying a payment amount.
- Automatically change status from Paid to Billed when a payment is unapplied.
- Fixed issue when entering the applied amount would generate an error.
What's new in version 3.7:
- New user voted icon and splash screen (special thanks to all who submitted graphic & those who voted!)
- New date selector with Now and Today buttons and date details.
- Added new search ability for Time Entries and Expenses to search thru notes or project/task codes.
- Added Online Backup & Restore through the Dropbox service.
- New retina display icons.
- Fixed crash when purging old entries.
- Fixed crash after Restore on multitasking devices.
- Modified the hide keyboard code to use a more recent API.Invoice module: Invoice list now displays both original total and balance due.
- Invoice module: Added ability to turn off labels in the invoice's Description box.
What's new in version 3.6:
- Fixed problem with TextExpander not working when new empty text screen is opened.
- Added IPv6 support.
- Prevent accidental taps on table headers.
- Added ability to duplicate Expenses.
What's new in version 3.5:
- AirPrint enabled.
- Updated to latest TextExpander SDK.
- Correctly calculate duration after deleting a session.
- Customizable Project, Task line on main Time Entries screen.
Features added to the optional Invoice module:
- Added Payments, Credits and Debits.
- Added Invoice and Payment reports.
- Added new Entries/Expenses/Duration totals to invoices.
- Added customizable Entries and Expenses subtitles.
- Added customizable Invoice labels.
What's new in version 3.4:
- Added option to include Session Notes on Invoices, by popular request.
- Allow CSV import to update records.
- Added Print support (iOS 4.2+).
- Allow clearing pay method in expenses.
- Fixed bug causing CSV importers to crash when doing line conversion and when missing tab fields.
- Corrected dirty state when adding new invoice for Synchronization module.
- Prevent Reference/Purpose field being cleared out during a suspend event (alert dialog).
What's new in version 3.3:
- Added option to compress pdf invoice attachments.
- Added total display for Time Entries and Expenses. See "Show Totals" in Setup section.
- Added confirmation when exiting from add/edit screens when changes are made.
- Fixed start and stop minute selection after selecting overtime.
- Force screen refresh when coming from the background.
- Workaround for Date/Time picker bug.
- Fixed overtime getting accidentally enabled when exiting/restarting app while in Edit screen.
- Fixed a problem where some entries wouldn't get marked for sync after altering an invoice.
- Adjust entry start time when a session starts earlier.
What's new in version 3.2:
- Added support for daily Overtime / Doubletime.
- Added audible notifications for devices running iOS 4.0 or greater.
- Fixed issue when pasting text from another app into Time Master on the iPad.
- Payroll Item is now properly hidden if you do not have the Quickbooks Export module.
- Fixed Import issue with iPhone 3G.
What's new in version 3.1:
- Added "Payroll Item" support for Quickbooks Export module.
- Fixed importing when on Multitasking device.
- Fixed Project and Task importers.
What's new in version 3.0:
- New optional Synchronization module. Sync two or more devices. If you have an iPhone and an iPad and you want to keep the data synchronized between the two devices, this module is for you! The syncing can be done over Wi-Fi or Bluetooth.
- Added support for sharing PDF Invoice thru iTunes, using the Documents screen.
- Added currency support for Invoices.
- iOS 4 ready.
- Added TextExpander integration. Look for TextExpander on iTunes for more details.
What's new in version 2.93:
- Added ability to hide customers, projects, tasks and expenditures from picker screens.
- Added import of the "hidden" attribute during IIF import.
- Fixed Paypal currency being invalid when formatted in different countries.
- Fixed screen shift when selecting an item directly from a Search list on the iPad.
- Added ability to handle more encodings when importing data from IIF files.
- Fixed duplicate address line on IIF import.
What's new in version 2.91:
- Fixed crash problem when annotating Sessions after Starting and Stopping the timer.
What's new in version 2.9:
- Added CSV importing for Clients, Projects, Tasks and Expenditure. Will work with iPad now and OS 4 when it becomes available. Download templates from our website.
- Fixed localization of the word "Any".
- Fixed crash when changing tabs while displaying report results.
- Fixes to add compatibility with OS 4.
- Fixed issue when copying the address from the Contacts app.
- Better quoting of the data in CSV export. New localized numbers could include a comma and would cause CSV formatted exports to become offset incorrectly.
- Reworked save state routines.
- Added "Jobs" list to IIF file when Export Clients is selected.
- Added option to override the "System Default" date format with the "US" date format in IIF export files, for countries in which Quickbooks does not respect the native date format.
What's new in version 2.8:
- iPad Ready!
- Import Clients, Projects and/or Tasks from Quickbooks IIF files (iPad only at this time).
- Fixed problem with CSV exports being truncated.
- Fixed BCC issue when emailing invoices.
- Decimal numbers are now localized.
- Added extra verification to prevent changing a Client on an entry when it is on an invoice.
- Added "Extra Left Margin" offset option for PDF invoices.
- Added filter status row if a filter is set.
What's new in version 2.7:
- Ensure Paypal item name does not containing forward slash.
- Added ability to password encrypt PDF Invoices so that they can be emailed securely.
- Option to disable exporting "Items" for Quickbooks to prevent existing Items from being overwritten.
- Sessions Start and Stop can now overlap the same minute.
- AutoInvoice now correctly only invoices Reimbursable expenses.
- Expense Picker always shows expenses if they are part of the invoice.
- Label on Report results now correctly shows Client or Date.
- German language support (app only at this time).
- Spanish language support (app only at this time).
What's new in version 2.6:
- Fixed bug where new Time Entries were not setting Taxable if entry's client was set from Project or Task.
- When manually creating the first Session, it will now default to the date and time that you set in the main entry.
- Quickbooks Export - Added option to disable sending Client information in IIF file. This prevents QB Customer from being updated. The default will be "off".
- Quickbooks Export - Added option to use Projects as QB Jobs and forces Tasks as QB Items.
What's new in version 2.5:
- Added column enable/disable on invoices.
- Removed HTML tag in CSV file header.
- Fixed incorrect Stop Time shown when displaying a partial session duration.
- Quickbooks Export - Fixed problem where Job field was not correctly pulling "Full Name" from client name, but was pulling "Short Name".
- Quickbooks Export - Added compress and password option.
What's new in version 2.4:
- New optional Quickbooks Export Module. Export Time Entries with an IIF file.
- Tax percentage fields now support 3 decimal places. Will not display trailing zeros.
- When Copying an old Time Entry, that was tied to a pending invoice, it will no longer attach the new entry to the invoice.
- Added optional Paypal button to invoices.
- Added new "Copy with Duration" option for duplicating old entries.
- Fix crash if an apostrophe was entered in a Search box.
- Fixed problem with Pay Method, Pay Note and Cost not reporting the correct information when Exported. This could happen when the Invoice module was purchased after owning an earlier version of Time Master.
What's new in version 2.3:
- Added Min Duration setting. This allows you to set the minimum amount of time to bill for before it start with the standard rounding. For example minimum 30 minutes and then round up every 5 minutes.
- Added "Reported" flag.
- Added "Reported" filter to Time Entries & Expenses.
- Fixed session annotation entry with previous timer running. (not prompting for notes)
- Added Client, Project, Task, Codes and Notes to output on Session entries on reports for pivotal reports.
- Fixed crash if Tax label was empty.
- PDF invoice preview and Report details will pop back if tab changed.
- Fixed crash when editing client rounding.
What's new in version 2.2:
- Fixed rotation/keyboard bug caused by OS 3.1.
- Tweaked date display for longer dates in list views, to make more readable.
- Fixed bug in CSV export where the Reference comment was not being quoted when Add Quotes was selected.
- Added new search feature to Client, Project, Task and Expenditure lists.
- When viewing Time Entry list, the Start and Stop views will now display duration instead of amount.
- Amount fields will now have the currency symbol on them, except for Exporting.
- Changed the behavior when changing Start Time in the Time Entry screen. Now if you change the Start time, the Stop time will not follow, but stay fixed at where it was set, thus changing the Duration.
- Customizable CSV Export file extension.
- Customizable time fractional digits (2,3 or 4).
- Reports: Time Entries (only) Type, added Taxable filter.
- Reports: Added report filtering by Invoice Status.
- Keyboard automatically pops-up when entering an email address field.
- Added reimbursable default setting on Expenditures.
- Slightly faster boot up time.
- Fixed time Quick Pick setup bug to now properly refresh the number list when changing the unit.
- Modified Terms to make it quicker to add and edit terms (one less screen).
- Added Cost to expenses.
- Added Pay Method and Pay Note to expenses.
- Added Setup to modify Pay Method table.
- Added Cost field to Expenditures and shows Gross Profit percent when entered.
- Made invoice aware of "Reimbursable" flag. If expense reimbursable flag is not set, it will not be pickable on invoice (either manual or automatic). The flag can be defaulted in an Expenditure.
- When new expenses are created, the new default will be Reimbursable. Note that this will *not* update the reimbursable flag on old entires, unless they were included on an invoice.
- Labels "Discount", "Deposit" and "Markup" will not show up on the bottom of the invoice if the fields are not used.
- Will allow custom label so you can replace the word "Tax" with the proper tax locale on invoices.
- Better handling of column padding for dates and numbers on Invoice to fix improper wrapping.
- Added new "Markup" field, which is the opposite of Discount.
- Added "Invoice Date" to the Reports Export fields.
- Better precision on Tax calculation.
- Auto Invoice can now filter by Project.
- Task/Expenditure Note displaying Project Notes text on invoice fixed.
- Added Markup.
- Added CC and BCC email addresses to client, to be used for invoicing.
- Added Meta-Characters for invoice Subject and Body customization.
- Fixed project save state on Auto-Invoice.
- Added Alternative Tax.
- Added Alternative Tax Mode where the Alt Tax can be Separate or Cumulative.
What's new in version 2.1:
- Fixed bug where Invoice Grand-Total was not calculating rounded Time Entry totals correctly.
- Fixed bug where deleting last entry in any maintenance list caused a crash.
- Fixed issue where Discount was not showing on invoice.
- Removed word "Terms:" from printing on invoice incase you want to use the Terms as a permanent note for each invoice.
What's new in version 2.0:
- *** Only works with iPhone OS 3.0 or greater ***
- Optional Invoicing module.
- Now includes CSV attachments in email. Can also be zipped and password encrypted.
- Email now works in program and no longer has to exit program to send email.
- Time Zone aware. If you travel between different time zones, it will now report the time from that time zone when reporting.
- Refined "Setup" screen.
- Added Rounding option to Clients.
- Client info can be copied from Address Book (Contacts).
- New sort order for reports that works as daily Timesheets.
- Added total duration to report to HTML output when Grand Totals is selected.
- Ability to disable warning messages when entering database record maintenance.
- Added extra Note field to Projects, Tasks and Expenses for people who needed an additional code field.
- Fixed bug when rotating during text input.
- Fixed auto-capitalization in Reference and Purpose notes.
What's new in version 1.4:
Time Entries & Expenses:
- iPhone OS 3.0 compatability update. Fixes problem where the "Save States" are not restoring properly if interrupted by a phone call or exit with the Home button.
What's new in version 1.3:
- Fixed bug where duration was getting added to start time in the Session.
What's new in version 1.2:
- Added a new time entry type: Sessions. This type will allow you to have a list of all the punch in & out times for a single Time Entry.
- When adding a new Project, it will autofill the Client in the Project if a client is selected.
- Added "Yesterday" as a new filter type. (NOTE TO CURRENT USERS. If your filter is set to something other than "All Dates" you will need to reset this after you update to the new version).
- Results screen now has Grand Total of time and hours.
- Added "Yesterday" quick pick filter.
- Added Session fields to exports.
What's new in version 1.1:
- Running timers show elapsed time.
- Current entries show in green color for easy selection.
- Added + and - 1 hour, 10 minute and 1 minute buttons to quickly adjust time.
- For entries from previous day or older, will now prompt to start timer or copy. Setup option to default these behaviors.
- Changed minimum font size to smaller value so very long Client, Project or Tasks names will show more text.
- Set default Quantity to 1.
- If filtering by Time or expense only, will not show the other labels.
- Results details screen shows fractional time instead of h:m:s.
- HTML email can now show totals per client.
- Added Start and Stop times.
- Added starting Odometer reading.
- Better email formatting to allow direct copy/paste import into spreadsheet software.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .