On-Core Software
July 09, 2020, 03:18:45 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Recurring items  (Read 4776 times)
dpeace

« on: September 22, 2010, 12:46:43 pm »

I may be being dense, but I can't find a way to set up recurring charges (for example, a service for which I charge monthly, or a retainer fee).

I am currently adding these six months at a time, but am sure I'll forget to do this at some point. I've had a look through the manual (and searched here for "retainer", "repeat" and "recurring", but can't see anything obvious. Apologies if I've missed something obvious.

Darren
Hungerford, UK
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2010, 10:58:09 pm »

Hi Darren,

We do not have any "automatic" recurring items.  You can take an old entry and copy it into a new item, with all the same info.  If the Duration is the same, you would tap on the grey area of the old entry you want to copy and then select "Copy with Duration".  That will copy the old entry into a new one, but it will have today's date on it.

dpeace

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2010, 02:04:04 pm »

Thanks, Adam.

Yes, I'm aware of the method you suggest, and use it often. I'm meaning more the sort of retainer charge (expense) that I need to remember each month to add to an invoice. As an example, for one of my clients I bill five separate items that are the same each month, and at present I have to remember to apply each of these charges every month. It would be very useful to set up a recurring expense to apply each month, either to continue indefinitely or until a specified date.

I understand some of the problems that this would create (at what point would the expense be applied? At the point of generating an invoice? What about clients who aren't invoiced until the total due exceeds a certain amount?), so only offer it as a suggestion for the wish-list.

I'd like to thank you again for such an excellent product (I'm evangelising about it to a few colleagues, but they at the moment prefer Billings' "pretty graphs"), and also for your prompt responses here. I've bought all the extra modules, despite only using one, as this seems a way to acknowledge the amount of money Time Master has saved me.

Darren
Hungerford, UK
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2010, 03:51:44 pm »

Thanks Darren,

We will add that to our "wishlist", but of course cannot make any promises.  We are working on payments for the invoice module right now and a way to export the Invoice info on a CSV file (for people who need it for the EOY taxes).  Looks like it's going to be a bit of a job.  I think we will sneak out v3.4 with a few minor changes before that.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: