On-Core Software
September 19, 2019, 10:35:13 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sorting Time Entries  (Read 6311 times)
mkendall

« on: September 13, 2010, 09:22:31 am »

I like to have my time entries for each day appear in chrono order based on start time, even entries I add after the fact to the same day.  I haven't been able to figure out how to do that; when I add a new entry to a prior day (or to the current day, but at a time prior to other entries I've already made later in the day), it gets inserted in the list based on some sort order I can't figure out and not by start time.  Is there a way to do that?
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2010, 10:26:58 am »

We've now had several requests for this so we are going to look into adding it to a future version of Time Master.  We need to add it into the SQLite routines so that it will not slow down the display of data.
lmp

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2010, 11:50:46 pm »

It appears I have the same request, Chronological order based on start times, not sure if you added this function in ver.3.4 but when adding new entries anything entered after 3pm gets placed at the bottom of my chrono events. Example would be, I have a client at 7:30am, 8:30am etc...till 3pm and so on all in chrono order until I enter a 4pm or later client and it is placed in the list before the 7:30 am client. Not sure why that happens do I have a setting wrong or is this a bug...?
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2010, 11:06:33 am »

Yes, we did change this in v3.4 and one other user said that they have a problem with them in the Sessions screen (uses the same sort routines).  We have not been able replicate this problem and we need someone to send us their "database.rsd" file so that we can load it here and "debug" why this is happening to you?  If you could send us the backup file, that would be great!  We are just about to get v3.5 submitted and I would really like to have this issue resolved before we submit the next version.  Thanks.

lmp

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2010, 03:30:40 pm »

where and to whom do I send the backup file so you can look it over?
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2010, 03:48:57 pm »

Send it to support at on-core dot  com
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2010, 04:00:20 pm »

Thanks to Louis, we got a file today, with the issue, and were able to fix the problem.  This will be fixed in the 3.5 version coming soon!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: