On-Core Software
November 13, 2019, 03:44:51 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How do I report mileage?  (Read 4778 times)
redheadit

« on: September 08, 2010, 12:30:50 pm »

I have entered expenses for odometer readings using a separate expense for each vehicle I may use, and the odometer entry widgets work really great. The trip distance gets recorded in "Quantity" which makes sense.

However, when i generate an expense report, I don't get the Quantity reported or totaled, for say, a given month. For now I have set a price of $1 in the expense setup, and pseudo-bill $1 per km/mile, but this is kinda kludgey.

In fact, what I was really hoping for was to enter the reimbursement value, which is say $0.52 per km, so I could see both the total reimbursement and mileage to be shown & totaled on the report. Is there any chance this could be done with your reports?

Thanks!
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2010, 02:35:29 pm »

I have entered expenses for odometer readings using a separate expense for each vehicle I may use, and the odometer entry widgets work really great. The trip distance gets recorded in "Quantity" which makes sense.

However, when i generate an expense report, I don't get the Quantity reported or totaled, for say, a given month. For now I have set a price of $1 in the expense setup, and pseudo-bill $1 per km/mile, but this is kinda kludgey.

In fact, what I was really hoping for was to enter the reimbursement value, which is say $0.52 per km, so I could see both the total reimbursement and mileage to be shown & totaled on the report. Is there any chance this could be done with your reports?

Thanks!

I'm not really sure what you are doing.  In the Mileage expenditure, you are supposed to put the Reimbursement amount per distance into the Amount field.  Then when you create a Mileage (km) Expense, it takes that Amount and multiplies it times the Distance (Quantity).  So I think that is what you are asking and that is how it does work.  You can run the report just on Expenses and get the Total for your Mileage.

redheadit

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2010, 03:39:16 pm »

Ok, let me put it another way - in the report I need to see not just the $ amount, but the total distance as well.

This is important for tax purposes because you need to disclose how many km you are reimbursing, although I might imagine other reasons for wanting to see it on the report.

Oddly, if you click the button to send the report by e-mail, it shows all the details including distance, but omits any totals at the bottom, is that intentional? I'd think the total is pretty useful.

Anyway, thanks for the replies,
Rob 
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2010, 10:15:39 pm »

The mileage is the "Quantity".  That is how many miles (or km) you have driven.  Just run reports on the Mileage Expenditure code and then total the Quantity column and that is how many miles/km you put on in that report.

The "human readable" HTML has totals.  The CSV does not because it is up to you to do the calculations.  If we put totals in the spreadsheet, then you could potentially DOUBLE all your values and that would be very bad.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: