On-Core Software
January 23, 2019, 04:27:44 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Where is the Time Master Central download?  (Read 4538 times)
cef1000

« on: March 03, 2014, 10:33:03 am »

Hi,

I moved this into the Android section.

Quote from: cdf1000
1st things 1st:

I'm EXTATIC you brought this to Android.  I used this on my iPhone(s) when on that platform and as good as IOS is the screens are way to small for me and went to android Note 2 and 3.  

What a fight to find a Time & Billing App that understands for many, if not most, of us this is a Client centric process, not a Project/Task centric process.  I never did see a "Project/Task" that pulled a pen out to write a check to pay me.

My question is does Time Master Central work with the Android version of the App?

We wrote Time Master Central originally for iOS since there was no way to "export" CSV files and to do Backup/Restore.  However since both of those issues were resolved (by iOS 4 and the addition of Dropbox), we no longer support or maintain Time Master Central. 

In all of our versions of Time Master, iOS, Android and Windows, they all support Backup & Restore to Dropbox.  It's free and secure, so please use that for the future.

Also, I carry a Surface Pro so syncing mobile Time Master Billing data between them would be awesome as would the QuickBooks export and the Invoicing Function.  They are all valuable to a full or part time consultant needing to do Time & Billing.

Yes, Time Master works just fine on the Surface Pro (we have one here we use for testing) and all the optional modules are available for the Windows version.  We have had a couple reports of people having issues with Synchronization on various devices & wi-fi routers.  Unfortunately this is very difficult to troubleshoot on Windows devices as Microsoft does not allow us to send "beta" copies for testing to users. 

As for the Android version, we have not "ported" any of the optional modules yet.  We wanted to release the basic version first and see if there was enough interest to justify spending a lot more development time.  Right now it is too early to tell, but would have like to have seen more sales by now.  We have also read that the wi-fi communication on Android is problematic at best, so if we port it to Android, we are going to make it so you can try to do a number of synchronizations before you can purchase it as it may not work at all on certain devices.

So please use Dropbox on your devices for Backup & Restore instead.

« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 11:40:43 am by Adam » Logged
cef1000

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 03:53:39 pm »

Also, I carry a Surface Pro so syncing mobile Time Master Billing data between them would be awesome as would the QuickBooks export and the Invoicing Function.  They are all valuable to a full or part time consultant needing to do Time & Billing.

Yes, Time Master works just fine on the Surface Pro (we have one here we use for testing) and all the optional modules are available for the Windows version.  We have had a couple reports of people having issues with Synchronization on various devices & wi-fi routers.  Unfortunately this is very difficult to troubleshoot on Windows devices as Microsoft does not allow us to send "beta" copies for testing to users.  

As for the Android version, we have not "ported" any of the optional modules yet.  We wanted to release the basic version first and see if there was enough interest to justify spending a lot more development time.  Right now it is too early to tell, but would have like to have seen more sales by now.  We have also read that the wi-fi communication on Android is problematic at best, so if we port it to Android, we are going to make it so you can try to do a number of synchronizations before you can purchase it as it may not work at all on certain devices.

So the way to "sync" data between the Android version and my Surface Pro is to use DropBox with a backup and restore?

I'm not sure when you released the Android version, when I moved platforms I had to find a solution right then and there was no Android version as of this yet, so I went another way.  I will say when I search Time and Billing or Time & Billing n the Play store I had to weed through a lot of apps before stumbling on your Android release.  For a company known for their search engine technology, searching the Play store yields lots of spurious results on a computer or off the device.  I'd suggest you check what can be done to help bring it up more easily in the Play store and hope you don't give up on it on the Android Platform.  

I will say, as the  Android App Ecosystem goes, your program is a bit more expensive than most, but, really it's a wonderful and well thought out program for the task and, after all, we're supposed to be making a living billing our time, so the cost is about the same a decent burger meal at Wendy's..    Smiley

A couple of, hopefully helpful, suggestions for the Android version:

Some indicator somewhere a timer is running in the background if the program has been minimized or closed.....

*  an icon in the notification bar at the top that lets us know a timer is running.  Sometimes we get very busy and have one going as we leave a client's office distracted by a call that came in, so we may forget to stop the timer right then.

* A widget that let's us know a timer is running and let's us quickly start and stop a timer from a home screen.  If no timer is running, open the main program to setup a client time record.  If stopping stop the current running timer without opening the main program.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 04:05:51 pm by Adam » Logged
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014, 04:13:49 pm »

Yes, Time Master works just fine on the Surface Pro (we have one here we use for testing) and all the optional modules are available for the Windows version.  We have had a couple reports of people having issues with Synchronization on various devices & wi-fi routers.  Unfortunately this is very difficult to troubleshoot on Windows devices as Microsoft does not allow us to send "beta" copies for testing to users.  

As for the Android version, we have not "ported" any of the optional modules yet.  We wanted to release the basic version first and see if there was enough interest to justify spending a lot more development time.  Right now it is too early to tell, but would have like to have seen more sales by now.  We have also read that the wi-fi communication on Android is problematic at best, so if we port it to Android, we are going to make it so you can try to do a number of synchronizations before you can purchase it as it may not work at all on certain devices.

So the way to "sync" data between the Android version and my Surface Pro is to use DropBox with a backup and restore?

Yes that is correct.  For now the only way to "move" data would be with Dropbox.  Be careful not to overwrite data on the second device.  Might be a good idea to do a Backup on Both devices before doing a Restore.

I'm not sure when you released the Android version, when I moved platforms I had to find a solution right then and there was no Android version as of this yet, so I went another way.  I will say when I search Time and Billing or Time & Billing n the Play store I had to weed through a lot of apps before stumbling on your Android release.  For a company known for their search engine technology, searching the Play store yields lots of spurious results on a computer or off the device.  I'd suggest you check what can be done to help bring it up more easily in the Play store and hope you don't give up on it on the Android Platform.

The Android version has been out for just under 1 month.  I tried looking for places to do reviews and such, but there seems to be a big lack for that in the Android realm for some reason.  Sad

I will say, as the  Android App Ecosystem goes, your program is a bit more expensive than most, but, really it's a wonderful and well thought out program for the task and, after all, we're supposed to be making a living billing our time, so the cost is about the same a decent burger meal at Wendy's..    Smiley

Some would say that for iOS too.  We've received emails in the past where some people said it was too expensive and others that say it is way too cheap.  I think we have a decent balance and those who want/need what Time Master can do, will gladly pay for it?

Some indicator somewhere a timer is running in the background if the program has been minimized or closed.....

*  an icon in the notification bar at the top that lets us know a timer is running.  Sometimes we get very busy and have one going as we leave a client's office distracted by a call that came in, so we may forget to stop the timer right then.

* A widget that let's us know a timer is running and let's us quickly start and stop a timer from a home screen.  If no timer is running, open the main program to setup a client time record.  If stopping stop the current running timer without opening the main program.

We did add support for "badges", but it only works on devices that do support that function.  It is not like iOS where all the hardware manufactures works exactly the same.  Some hardware will do that, some won't.  If you don't see it on yours, then your hardware does not support it.

cef1000

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2014, 04:28:14 pm »

We did add support for "badges", but it only works on devices that do support that function.  It is not like iOS where all the hardware manufactures works exactly the same.  Some hardware will do that, some won't.  If you don't see it on yours, then your hardware does not support it.

[/quote]

Hmm.. I'm running on a Note 3 Android 4.3 and I'm certain it supports badges.  Matter of fact I see permissions set for com.sec.android.provider.badge.permission.READ and also WRITE. 

Also, I have notifications turned on, but, if your using badges, then; I would think, it should show running, with a number like on your Windows 8 version, on the Home Screen Icon - much like the Email Home Screen Icons do.

Adam
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2014, 03:03:48 pm »

We added badge support for Samsung (Touch Wiz Launcher) and Sony (Experia) using their API's.  We do not have any ways of testing it as we don't have either of those two devices.
cef1000

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2014, 04:28:52 pm »

We added badge support for Samsung (Touch Wiz Launcher) and Sony (Experia) using their API's.  We do not have any ways of testing it as we don't have either of those two devices.

I understand how hard this can be in the Android world with such a diverse ecosystem. 

I am willing to assist testing the Touch Wiz interface, typically the launcher environment I usually run in, though I also have Nova and Apex Launcher available to me and their various Notification assistants as well as the Missed It ! app to attempt to overcome the Badges notification issue on my Note 3.  None of which appears to resolve the issue.

If necessary I'll factory reset my device and add Time Master back as the only app to attempt to see what's going on here. 

It's a little inconvenient as it can take me a day to put myself back whole after a factory reset, but, I'd much rather use Time Master than the original app I was using and am happy to assist resolving it in any way I can, if it would be helpful.

Please contact me by email at my forum registered email address to let me know in what way I can help.

Thanks,

cef1000
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: