On-Core Software
December 07, 2019, 09:46:58 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Module Installation  (Read 7430 times)
Spyderturbo007

« on: August 18, 2010, 11:39:47 pm »

I just purchased Time Master for my iPad along with both the invoicing and sync modules.  I synced to iTunes and then synced my iPhone since it's listed as a universal app. The problem is that the modules purchased on my iPad don't show up on my iPhone inside the app.  Is there something I'm missing?  Please don't tell me that I have to purchase them twice.   
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 12:01:59 am »

Nope, you do not have to purchase twice.  What I would recommend that do a Backup of your primary devices and restore the the secondary device (iPad?).  That will ensure that both devices are set exactly the same, including all the "Settings".  The only thing we cannot easily "sync" is the Settings (and do not do it now), so that is why we recommend doing that first.  You can use Time Master Central to do the Backup & Restore or use the iTunes "File Sharing - Documents" option to save the database.rsd file and restore to the other.

Also, you can just "purchase" the modules again on the second device.  Just make sure you do it with the same iTunes account (if you have more than one) and it will tell you that you have already purchased it, after you tap the Buy button, and asks if you want to download it again.  Tap Yes.

Spyderturbo007

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2010, 07:22:16 am »

Hi Adam,

I think I'll go ahead and "re-purchase" the modules.  The iPhone is my primary device and the iPad is secondary.  It's not feasible to for me to restore the iPad backup to the iPhone because there would be a lot of work to do getting the iPhone set back up properly.

Thanks for the quick response.  I'll let you know how I make out with the installation.

One additional question, will the sync program sync everything, such as settings, invoices, jobs, etc?  So basically I would only have to set up one device and then everything transfers over to the other?
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2010, 11:19:51 am »

It will sync everything *except* any of the settings in the Setup tab.  So make sure you review the settings and if you installed a graphic logo on the Invoice module, you will have to do that on that device too.  The other thing you can do is Sync first, so that all the Clients, Projects, Tasks, Expenditures, Time & Expense entries and Invoices are on both devices and then Backup & Restore.  That will bring the Settings over.  To be 100% safe, you can always do a Backup of *both* devices, using TMC first and then do the Restore.

Spyderturbo007

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2010, 02:05:40 pm »

Thanks Adam, but I have a couple other questions for you since I've had a chance to dig into the program.

1.)  Is there a way to add a contact from your contact list directly from the Time Entry screen?  I saw the button that allows you to do it from the Setup screen, but I really don't want to backup my database every time I want to do a quick add from the address book.

2.)  Is there an easy way to create and email an invoice?  I find myself having to switch from the Time Entry screen, to the Module screen, then opening the invoice screen, creating the invoice, then back out to the Export Invoice screen and then finally getting to email the invoice.  Is there an easier way that I'm just missing?

3.)  Is there a way to mark an invoice paid?  I've set it as paid, but it still shows a balance on the invoice and has no mention of being paid.

4.)  Can the start and stop time be removed from the invoice?

Thanks again!
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2010, 02:39:55 pm »

Thanks Adam, but I have a couple other questions for you since I've had a chance to dig into the program.

1.)  Is there a way to add a contact from your contact list directly from the Time Entry screen?  I saw the button that allows you to do it from the Setup screen, but I really don't want to backup my database every time I want to do a quick add from the address book.

Can I suggest that you go to the Time Master page and click on the Videos link?  The videos go over most of the questions you are asking.  You can also download the same PDF document that is built into the app from the links on the bottom of the main page.

To answer your question, when you tap on the Client, it will bring up the Client list.  If you need to add one (same goes for every file), just tap on the + (plus) button to add them on the fly.  You can also turn off the "warning" message on the bottom of the Database setup screen.  It is only a warning and does not force you to do a backup, but we do recommend doing frequent backups, and especially when you are going to "delete/purge" any data.

2.)  Is there an easy way to create and email an invoice?  I find myself having to switch from the Time Entry screen, to the Module screen, then opening the invoice screen, creating the invoice, then back out to the Export Invoice screen and then finally getting to email the invoice.  Is there an easier way that I'm just missing?

You should probably use the "Auto Invoice" function.  That will automatically pull all the non-invoiced items and create as many invoices as there are open client items.  You will still have to go to the Export Invoice screen to email it.

3.)  Is there a way to mark an invoice paid?  I've set it as paid, but it still shows a balance on the invoice and has no mention of being paid.

Yes, there will always be a balance on the invoice.  We will be adding payments to the invoice module in the near future.  What I do recommend is using the Invoice filter (lower right) and set it to "Status" and "Pending and Billed".  That way it will only show non paid invoices.

4.)  Can the start and stop time be removed from the invoice?

Yes, those are all option in the Invoice setup.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: