On-Core Software
September 20, 2019, 06:43:25 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sync between IOS and Windows *  (Read 4998 times)
scottlavoie

« on: July 16, 2013, 08:22:01 am »

The newest update to the windows 8 app, allows for the ios device to see the windows 8 device and sync, but the windows 8 device never sees the IOS device to initiate a sync from that direction.
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2013, 03:33:23 pm »

The one thing you can check is to go to the Control Panels and then Network...  Make sure that it's on the "Private" network and not "Public".  The "Public" network goes thru a Firewall and could stop it from working.

You can also try launching TM on the iOS device after you have opened the Sync on Windows.

Last note that they must both be on the same "local" network.  It will not work across the "internet".
scottlavoie

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2013, 12:20:31 pm »

I guess I need to look at my router at my house. I went to my office today and I can now sync between my win8 desktop, win8 tablet and ipod, will all devices visible from every device.
Ernesto
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2013, 01:08:34 pm »

Good to hear you tracked down the issue. We use Bonjour (aka Zeroconf) to advertise and discover devices on the network, both on iOS and Win8.

Don't know if it would help solving the problem, but Bonjour broadcasts using UDP on port 5353. Our Win8 implementation of Bonjour also only broadcasts on the IPv4 network.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: