On-Core Software
July 23, 2019, 04:19:51 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Windows 10 breaks Sync module  (Read 7832 times)
JcTcom

« on: July 30, 2015, 08:32:07 pm »

Hey Guys.  Upgraded to the official version of Windows 10 and the Sync Module no longer works.

Have tried opening ports 5353 and I see that Bonjour is running.  I have also tried turning off the firewall altogether but no dice.

This also happened on the preview version but since it was a preview version and since that computer was not my primary one for billing I didn't bother reporting it.

Any pointers on what I can do to get it connecting again?

Thanks.

Carl
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2015, 01:20:15 pm »

We have had a couple emails about this today.  We are trying to get Windows 10 to install on one of our development devices.  As soon as we can debug it, we will fix the issue and submit a new version.  Thanks for letting us know!
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2015, 07:33:21 pm »

We have identified the issue with the new Windows 10 and will hopefully be able to get a new version up by Monday.
JcTcom

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2015, 03:08:24 pm »

Sounds Great!  Looking forward to it.
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2015, 06:50:37 pm »

UPDATE!   Angry

Basically what is going on is that we implemented Bonjour (Apple’s device discovery) into Time Master for Windows. In Windows 10, Microsoft decided to implement their own version of Bonjour (mDNS), thus locking us out of using the Bonjour port (5353).  This broke our Sync module under Windows 10.  We tried to hook into their version of Bonjour, but it is extremely buggy and not published to developers.  We have not had good luck with it working consistently and most times it just won’t find other devices or other devices find it.  We are trying to contact Microsoft's developers to see if we can help them fix Bonjour in Windows 10.  Unfortunately we may be stuck until Microsoft fixes their code.

We will post any updates here as soon as we can.

kifaru

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2015, 12:58:37 pm »

Angry oh pants, I need this working.  I use it all the time when working on my work machine.  Not a dig at you Adam - come on Microsoft, it is not as if you have anything else demanding your time at the moment!  Tongue
JcTcom

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2015, 11:35:33 am »

Yeah.  I am kind of screwed as well.  Makes it hard to invoice when half you billing is on one device and half is on the other.

You said it didn't work most of the time.  Does that mean there might be a work around to get it working some of the time?

Carl.
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2015, 03:23:32 pm »

After several days, we have finally found a solution to the problem that Windows 10 caused for our Synchronization module.  We have submitted v6.2, Windows 10 build only, that fixes that issue and also does away with the “Charm Bar”.  The Setup option is now on the top menu along with the other options.  It should be up on the store soon.
JcTcom

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2015, 11:18:06 pm »

This is great news.  Thanks for the update!.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: