On-Core Software
December 05, 2019, 11:50:04 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Time report no longer has summary by project  (Read 4798 times)
McGibbs

« on: June 11, 2016, 02:03:24 pm »

I've been using Time Master for several years, and it's been great. When I generated a time entry report for a particular client, it always had at the top a summary showing the time subtotals by project. (I kept the project field empty when generating the report.) This was very useful for both me and my clients.
The last few I have generated have not had the summary by project at the top. Did I inadvertently turn that feature off? I could not find any mention of it in the manual. Or has there been a change in the app?
If it is the former, I would appreciate if someone could tell me how to turn it back on. If the latter, put me on record as wanting that feature back.
Thanks!
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2016, 02:57:03 pm »

We have not made any help changes to the app.

To Collapse by Project is at:  Setup -> Invocing -> Companies -> (select your company) -> Invoice Settings -> Collapse Time Entries and select how you want it collapsed.  Make sure you tap Done and then Save.
McGibbs

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2016, 05:13:46 pm »

Thanks Adam. I checked and I do have the collapse by project option set for invoices. However, the report I'm talking about is a time entry report, which I think won't be managed via the invoicing module.
I've attached two docs to show what I mean. To provide a time accounting to my clients, I generate a time entry report for that client, email it to myself, and simply cut and paste it into a word doc to send to them. (I removed some unneeded columns in both examples)
The old one had a summary by project at the top, then the details by date. The newer ones no longer have the summary, which was a very useful feature I'd love to get back. It's true the time is summarized on the invoice, but the two docs sometimes to to different people in the client org.
There is every chance that it is user error on my part - any assistance in getting it back would be much appreciated.
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2016, 11:11:43 am »

I'm not sure where you got the "Summary" report, unless it is something that you copy & pasted from some data into a spreadsheet.

The "recent example" is set in the way that the Reports have always worked.  It looks like it is in the HTML format.  You can also export data as CSV for spreadsheets.  You can turn On/Off any columns and also change the order.  You may have exported the CSV before an imported into a spreadsheet and changed the data that way.

Setup -> Reports -> Format -> HTML and CSV
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: