On-Core Software
August 22, 2019, 09:55:37 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sync with Calendar in IOS 9  (Read 5720 times)
Marcus

« on: September 24, 2015, 09:03:21 am »

Since Updating to the Beta of iOS 9 a couple of weeks ago, I have the problem that with every sync on starting the app all entries are written in the calendar. So I have the entries double, tripple and the older ones dozen like.

Is there a fix or update coming?
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2015, 02:49:56 pm »

Time Master "stores" the calendar ID that Apple gives us.  Hopefully they have not changed this and are no longer providing the ID.  Are you using a built-in calendar (e.g. "Personal") or some linked calendar like Google?

We were seeing sort of the opposite thing where it was not publishing to the calendar at all.  If you have multiple devices, make sure that only *one* of the devices publishes to the calendar, otherwise you will see all sorts of duplicates.
Marcus

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2015, 05:03:38 am »

Earlier this year I switched to Office365. It worked perfectly until upgrading to IOS9. I can remember there was this issue with an IOS build already some years ago.
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2015, 02:12:28 pm »

I do use the calendar function on my iPhone and it is not duplicating any entries.  We did discover an issue where it would not "initially Publish" the entry to the calendar, but would if you edited it and Saved it.  The problem you describe is kind of the opposite.  The possible issue would be if that calendar does not "report" back the ID for that entry.  We store the Event ID in Time Master to match it up with the calendar.  If for some reason, with iOS 9, the Office365 is not storing or is changing the Event ID, that would cause the issue you describe.  It is possible that Apple did something screwy with the new version of the Calendar app on the device.  Sad
Marcus

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2015, 03:43:34 am »

Do You experience crashes? When making a new entry or doing a bill the app closes. It looks like there is never anything lost but it is disturbing.
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2015, 12:28:07 pm »

We are reworking some "EventKit" routines to see if it makes any difference.  We have seen several "crash logs", but mostly for the "WatchKit" (Apple Watch).  Fixing this may also help with any Calendar issues.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: