On-Core Software
December 05, 2019, 10:12:01 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Unable to launch: Error "SnoozeMaster.app" was purchased... on another computer  (Read 6948 times)
jadik

« on: May 05, 2015, 05:05:27 am »

Love the app.. purchased it some time ago on this very retina MacBook Pro, from which I am now typing this message. Your implementation of computer authentication, however, seems to fail me, when I operate my MacBook with the WiFi Airport disabled (90% of the time). With the wifi disabled, I get the following error message when I boot-up my Mac:

Note: should I attempt to log into my AppleID account as requested, via my attached usb-ethernet dongle, I'm greeted by this error:

Since every other application is able to verify my device and computer, including the uber picky Messages (aka iMessage, aka iChat), I'm left scratching my head wondering why an inexpensive alarm extension is causing me so many freaking headaches!  There are plenty of more expensive applications I have bought & installed which don't perform a this type of comprehensive system authenticity check on each launch... as a result, I have continued to enjoy the privilege of using them... even in the space of operating my Macbook with a disabled WiFi Airport!!

Perhaps you could relax your system check rigidity, and simply allow me to login & prove my identity once?? 

As a professional courtesy, I thought it more reasonable to request support here, before sharing an emotionally charged review extolling my frustrating experience in the Appstore! Perhaps this issue has a workaround? I haven't seen anyone else post a similar report, however, it's taken me 4-6 months to become upset enough to finally do something about it. 

Please advise,
Jadik
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2015, 04:39:17 pm »

That warning is by Apple (Apple Store as you can see by the icon).  You need to be connected to the internet and put in your Apple ID and Password.  They do that with all their apps as a security check.  Once you have verified it with Apple, the app should run just fine.  The other thing you can do is just go into the App Store on that device and download it from there.  They will still ask you for your Apple ID and Password.

jadik

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2015, 10:45:11 am »

As I had mentioned in my original post, I have purchased the app on this machine, and downloaded it from the appstore, on multiple occasions, on this machine, in attempt to resolve this error.  Logging into the appstore does not resolve this issue.

The screen snaps I've included in my post show a different appstore purchase called "temps" working, which requires internet connectivity to function correctly. The issue I'm experiencing is "not" an appstore issue. It is, however, an application-related implementation of the appstore api which is causing this issue. Please don't blow-off my support request, as I have sought  to address this issue independently, prior to reaching out to On-Core for resolution.

-Jadik
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2015, 04:10:14 pm »

Sorry, but you will have to contact Apple.  We do not have any control over how their security/licensing works from the App Store.  That is their screen that you are seeing, not ours.  Your computer is checking the licensing and if it fails, it contacts the App Store.

You will usually see that message when the App is copied from one computer to another.  Again, you can try to Trash the app and re-download it from the App Store.  Also make sure that the app is in your "Applications" folder.
jadik

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2015, 09:23:38 pm »

listen, I've done that... deleted the app, reinstalled the app... it works fine when I re-enable my wifi network adapter.  I get that error message when I disable the adapter.  I have about 20 appstore apps installed, and your app is the only one that generates this issue.

If my network adapter is disabled, it fails to authenticate.
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2015, 11:38:41 am »

Apple does check the built-in ethernet address (en0) for their licensing.  That is Apple's code, not ours.  That is how they generates the "receipt" for the App Store.  If the other apps are not failing, they are not checking for the licensing.  We are using Apple's Verification code to make sure the licensing is correct.

I guess you are just going to have to make sure that the network en0 is there.  I tried disabling the built-in Ethernet and Wi-Fi adaptors on my older MacBook and do not have this issue.  If you go to the "System Report..." (About this Mac) -> Ethernet and make sure that you have an "en0" device.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: