On-Core Software
December 12, 2019, 08:03:54 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to I post a refund to client in Time Master  (Read 5289 times)
pechohawk

« on: April 27, 2015, 04:49:03 pm »

A client overpaid and had to refund a portion the original retainer.  What is the best way to input that in Time Master?  I am considering posting it as an expense, generating a new invoice, the applying the remaining payment to the invoice.  Thanks
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2015, 05:15:43 pm »

What you want to do is go into the Payments section and create a "Credit".  Put in the proper amount and enter why you are issuing a credit in the Note section.  On the next Invoice that you create, you can change the Status to "Billed" and Apply the credit to the Invoice.  You can then set the Status back to "Pending" if necessary.  The invoice will have the credit on it and will display the adjusted amount.

RFSTech

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2016, 02:43:47 pm »

Hi Adam, I have the same problem however, I won't be doing any further work for my client so I just need to refund the remainder of their deposit. In other words, there won't be any future invoice to apply the credit towards. Any ideas? - Thanks
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2016, 09:37:44 am »

The only thing you can do is put a Debit on a prior invoice to bring the total back to a Positive number.  Then post a Credit payment to that invoice to bring it back to zero.  You will have to set the Invoice "Status" back to Billed in order to post to it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: