On-Core Software
October 23, 2019, 08:16:46 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A Few Usability Questions  (Read 4257 times)
Spyderturbo007

« on: April 20, 2015, 01:45:43 pm »

I was hoping I could explain my hurdles and someone might be able to point me in a direction to make my life easier.  Here are my two main issues:

1.  Sales Tax Payment Time - Every few months I have to pay sales tax on things I have sold.  The problem becomes that I can't seem to export a sales tax report based on payment.  Mine is a Sole Proprietorship so I only pay tax once I've been paid.  What I would like to do would be to have a way to export the "Tax" section based on payments in a given time frame.

1a.  What would be even better is if there was a way to add tax that was already paid and only export the tax on the profit.  For example, if I buy something, lets say a TV at a store where I don't have an existing exemption, I get charged sales tax.  So if I buy a $100 TV, I pay $106 after tax.  Now I turn around and add my markup to that TV, and resell it for $150 + Tax.  So the actual tax that I need to submit to the state is $3, not the $9 I collected. 

Is there anyway to do something like this?  Maybe adding a field in the expenses section that has "Tax Paid" and then you can run a payment report showing Tax owed?  I just find myself with so many issues during sales tax submission time.

2.  Reoccurring invoices.  I have a few clients that are on subscription / maintenance plans.  Each month I need to remember to send them a bill.  Is there a way to do that automatically, or maybe a prompt that pops up when I open the app saying it's time to bill XYZ company $500?

Thanks!
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2015, 04:49:57 pm »

I was hoping I could explain my hurdles and someone might be able to point me in a direction to make my life easier.  Here are my two main issues:

1.  Sales Tax Payment Time - Every few months I have to pay sales tax on things I have sold.  The problem becomes that I can't seem to export a sales tax report based on payment.  Mine is a Sole Proprietorship so I only pay tax once I've been paid.  What I would like to do would be to have a way to export the "Tax" section based on payments in a given time frame.

1a.  What would be even better is if there was a way to add tax that was already paid and only export the tax on the profit.  For example, if I buy something, lets say a TV at a store where I don't have an existing exemption, I get charged sales tax.  So if I buy a $100 TV, I pay $106 after tax.  Now I turn around and add my markup to that TV, and resell it for $150 + Tax.  So the actual tax that I need to submit to the state is $3, not the $9 I collected.

Is there anyway to do something like this?  Maybe adding a field in the expenses section that has "Tax Paid" and then you can run a payment report showing Tax owed?  I just find myself with so many issues during sales tax submission time.

You can run an Invoice Report for whatever date period you want.  Only invoices include taxed amount (regular Reports do not do tax).  You could use the "Status" filter and set to "Paid" to only show paid invoices.

Unfortunately there is no way to do anything like trying to have any type of "difference" between what you may have paid in tax and what you collected after markup.

2.  Reoccurring invoices.  I have a few clients that are on subscription / maintenance plans.  Each month I need to remember to send them a bill.  Is there a way to do that automatically, or maybe a prompt that pops up when I open the app saying it's time to bill XYZ company $500?

No, we don't have anything like that.  If you are using Time or Expense Entries, you can tap on the older "grey" box and it will ask you if you want to "duplicate" it.  You can do that and then create an new invoice from that.
Spyderturbo007

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2015, 01:44:34 pm »

Hi Adam.  Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions.  I do have a follow up though. 

I'm wondering what the best way would be to handle a project.  For example, I bid a job using a subcontractor.  Let's say it's a $10,000 Security system installation.  I'm billing the client $10,000 and paying my subcontractor $8,000.  I tried using a Project, but you seem to have to include expenses for the job or the price is just listed as $0.00.  Is there an easy way to handle flat rate jobs?

Thanks!
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2015, 12:11:48 pm »

Please see the Documentation.  Expenses can be Included or Excluded.  ONLY the very first entry for the "Fixed Amount" project will ever have an Amount.  All others will be zero.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: