On-Core Software
August 21, 2019, 01:06:49 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Invoices and statements email failures  (Read 3507 times)
andymarlow

« on: March 05, 2015, 09:56:47 am »

I am using Time Master Version 5.8.9. When I generate reports, such as time entries, I can email them successfully. However, when I email invoices or statements from the Invoicing module, they do not arrive: either at my client's address or even my own. It is odd because my mail app shows the Time Master generated email with PDF attachment in my Sent box. But these emails never arrive at any email destination. Since I don't have a problem emailing to these clients from other applications, it suggests there's something wrong with the Time Master module app. After all, Time Master reports always email successfully. Any ideas?
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2015, 03:40:52 pm »

No that does not make any sense.  When we send emails, we use Apple's built-in email to send the emails.  When you send a Report and it opens the Apple email window (and that is already in Apple's hands and not our app anymore), it is the exact same one as you see when you email an Invoice.  You do see the email window with the attachment in it, correct?  The only thing I can think of is that you have an invalid email address in your Invoice somehow.  For example if you have a bad To, Cc or Bcc (has an improperly formatted email, like missing @ or spaces, etc), most email programs will not send an email if one of the email addresses is bad.  The other thing you could try to "Compress Archive" in the Invoice Email settings to see if there is something odd with the PDF).  For example, we have seen where if you have an invoice with very little info and a Text Heading, some email clients will mange the email.  You are best off using a Graphic Header in those cases.

Just as a note, Time Master is at version 6.1 (or greater) on all three platforms now.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: