On-Core Software
November 18, 2019, 06:52:23 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Alternative date and time entry options  (Read 3326 times)
meppy

« on: August 07, 2010, 07:00:04 am »

When doing past entries the date control is cumbersome and doesn't show the name of the day, etc.  Can we have the option to use a standard calendar control?

Also the time entry controls are painful when finding an exact time.  Can we have the option to switch to a keypad or something? I can enter a time 10x quicker with a keypad than the rolling numbers.
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2010, 10:14:30 am »

When doing past entries the date control is cumbersome and doesn't show the name of the day, etc.  Can we have the option to use a standard calendar control?

This is something we are looking into.  The big problem is that it is not possible to "rotate" a calendar view on the iPhone.  For months that have 6 rows, it just won't fit, so we would have to force that view into "portrait" view only and that is going to be a task since we do allow rotation for every other screen in the app.

Also the time entry controls are painful when finding an exact time.  Can we have the option to switch to a keypad or something? I can enter a time 10x quicker with a keypad than the rolling numbers.

I kind of doubt that we could do that.  I think that would be harder to represent and put in a usable fashion.  I will add it to the "wishlist", but make no promises.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: