On-Core Software
October 19, 2019, 01:06:34 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: iPhone 5s shot times not synching  (Read 6669 times)
allen

« on: April 13, 2014, 12:15:28 am »

I have the iPhone 5s and the latest IOS and eventhouth the app synch's with my ShotMaxx the shot times do not synch even when I have bluetooth on. I have heard if I reset/restart the shotmaxx it may work but how do I do that. Any help?
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2014, 06:17:08 am »

We have sometimes seen the Send on/off being "flipped" from time to time.  If you have Send set to "off" and it is showing up as connected in the App (shows the serial # on the screen), but when you turn Send to "on" it disappears, then it is flipped.  It "looks" connected, but won't send times when Send = "off".  Usually the fix for that is to make sure Send is set to "off" and plug it into a USB charger for at least 30 seconds, then disconnect the power.  That will usually do a  "soft" reset and it usually flips back to normal, so when you turn Send back "on" it shows up on the iPhone.  If that doesn't help here is what to try next:

First make sure that you have the latest firmware on the ShotMaxx.  It is 3031 as if this post.  Get the Burn ShotMaxx app from Double Alpha's site and download the Firmware file.  Run the app and update to the 3031 version.  You can do this even if you already have 3031 on it.  That will also do a "hard reset" on the SM.  You can also try rebooting the iPhone to make sure everything is good there, but we have found that the iOS devices are usually pretty stable for Bluetooth (Android sometimes requires a reboot to get it working properly).

Please let us know if that helps?
allen

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2014, 10:21:55 am »

Thank you so much for the guidance. I did exactly that (firmware update) and it fixed everything. One new feature/menu that came up is now SPY mode. Can you explain what that is as the manual does not.

Thanks again. I love my SHOTMAXX !!
allen

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2014, 10:25:06 am »

I found the SPY mode write up in the new manual (I had a older version of the manual). All is good.

Thanks again for this product. It is a great training tool and the best timer on the market today.

Well done Double Alpha.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: