On-Core Software
December 13, 2019, 07:35:58 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Snoozemaster not working and not opening!  (Read 11398 times)
CORRINNE

« on: November 25, 2014, 04:38:14 am »

Hello I am new to this site and forums.. Undecided
I sent you an e-mail to 'support@on-core.com' , asking for some help; as you have not responded I am posting, what I wrote to you, below

Hello Please can you help me??

I have just downloaded, from the Apple Store, your SnoozeMaster version 1.7 app.

However, when I have tried to operate it from the docking station,  it I am given the error code -1712

I have also googled the problem.. "http://on-core.com/forums/index.php/topic,613.msg1768.html#msg1768;

Reply #1 on: November 13, 2013, 02:20:06 pm posted by 'Adam'.

"Please see the manual for how to use it and set it up.  SnoozeMaster is a "Menubar" utility.  You access it by clicking on the "zzZ" on the upper right menu bar.  The Preferences, Help, etc. are all access from there"

However, when I go to the Menubar 'zZZ',I  get a blue spinning wheel!!

Moreover,  I also don't appear to find 'the manual for how to use it and set it up'

Am I doing something daft? I am not very 'computer literate' or 'technical savvy'!! Please use simple terms not technogeeks speak please!

I am using Apple Mac Pro 10.8.5 (12F45) 'Mountain Lion' ..Which, when I read about SnoozeMaster, was compatible with my Mac (pro) 'Apple Calendar'.

Please note I am severely dyslexic, so please make any instructions you give me as clear and detailed as possible please (as well as any screen shots or pictures please!!)

And finally, could you please reply/respond to this e-mail directly as opposed to in your web page please?

Many thanks and I look forward to hearing back from you
Kind regards and best wsihes
Confused and muddled .. but hopeful
Corinne Smiley
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2014, 06:22:58 pm »

Hi Corrinne,

We did not receive and email from you.  We ask on our Contact Us page to include the product name in the Subject line of the email.  If you do not do that there is a chance that the email could get marked as Spam and we will never see it.

Due to OSX 10.10 (Yosemite), we had to removed some "work-around" code in SnoozeMaster (SM).  We had to work around a problem with Mac OS X 8 (and possibly 9), where Apple's Operating System (OS) would crash underneath SM.  We had submitted bug reports over 2 years ago, and Apple does not ever tell us if they fixed it or not.  In OS X 10.10, because of the way the new OS works, we had to remove this "fix" as it would not allow SM to run at all.  Our guess is that Apple did *not* fix the issues in OS X 8 & 9.

Unfortunately there is nothing we can do about this as we either have it not work at all on OS X 10.10, or have it fail on a few users systems.  The old bug only affects a small amount of people out of all the SM users.  It sucks that Apple apparently never fixed this and we are disappointed that after all this time, they have not fixed it.  We suggest that you update to OS X 10.10 (free update) if you can.

If you have a Time Machine backup, you could try reverting back to the SM v1.6.  It would have to be "your" copy as Apple signs them to run specifically on your machine.
CORRINNE

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2014, 06:10:10 am »

Hello Adam thanks for reverting to me and your response..

Don’t know why you didn’t get the e-mail I sent you 24 November; it had the title heading ‘Snoozemaster not working and not opening’ and I sent to; 'support@on-core.com’! Tongue

I am considering updating my Apple Mac pro, to Yosemite; once I have done this, will I then, be able to download the Snoozmaster application that I purchased 24 November?

In the meantime, is there a ‘work-around’ you could suggest or recommend that will enable me to use the purchased Snoozmaster?

Or perhaps/maybe, I could install an earlier version of Snoozmaster that will ‘allow’ me use Snoozmaster on Mountain Lion  (10.8.5)?

I look forward to your additional reply and thank you again in advance.
Kind regards
Corrinne
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2014, 12:35:35 pm »

Hi Corrinne,

I checked in the Mail app and do not see your message.  Only the message from this forum.  Strange indeed.

There is some bug in OS X 8 and 9 where for some users, their calendar data is corrupt in a way that causes the underlining system to crash.  Apparently Apple never fixed this and since we need SnoozeMaster to work on Yosemite, unfortunately we had to remove the "hack" to work-around that issue.  Sadly we cannot add that back is as then Yosemite would no longer work.

Yes, if you have a Time Machine backup, just run that and go "back in time" and look for version 1.5.  You would need to Restore that and put that in your Applications folder.  Then make sure to ignore any App Store updates until you update to Yosemite.
CORRINNE

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2014, 02:49:12 pm »

Hello again Adam..

Thanks again for your response back to me..

It’s disappointing that on the ‘sales blurb’ you state that ‘Compatibility 10.8 or later’; however upon down-loading & paying for an app, it is not functioning..Somewhat misleading.. Perhaps, a polite suggestion, to up-date your web page to show exactly which systems of/on Apple you actually support and are compatible with? It would save the prospective purchaser a lot of time and effort!!

I don’t want to push my luck here, as you have already been very helpful to me..However..

Would /could you, be able to recommend or suggest any other application that might do the same process as Snoozmaster? i.e. in ‘Calendars’ and ‘reminders’ adjust the snooze preferences please?

Once again I thank you in advance and look forward to your further reply..
Corrinne
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2014, 03:46:53 pm »

Hi Corrinne,

This issue only affects a small number of users (probably less than 1 in 500) .  Unfortunately you are one of them.  Apple obviously fixed it in Yosemite (10.10), but didn't go back and fix it in 10.8 or 10.9.

As far as I know, we are the only ones who have even attempted to add customizable alerts back into the Calendar for 10.8 and greater.  It was not an easy task, and has had more than it share of issues that we try to work-around, due to issues with the underlying operating system.

We have often thought of pulling the app, due to issues that we cannot work-around, but decided that for the small amount of people who it does not work for, they can ask Apple for a Refund.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 06:04:33 pm by Adam » Logged
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2014, 05:58:25 pm »

We are going to try yet another "hack" to see if somehow we can "patch" OS X 8 & 9 to prevent the crashes caused by bugs in Mac OS X.  Look for SM v1.8 to be available soon (after Apple "Reviews" it for the App Store).
CORRINNE

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2014, 08:23:38 am »

Thanks once more for your response Adam..

So to make sure I have understood you; am I to wait to see if you have been able to ‘master’/’patch’, ”yet another "hack" to see if somehow we can "patch" OS X 8 & 9 to prevent the crashes caused by bugs in Mac OS X.” ?

Adam, Could you tell me please (sorry to keep asking you questions) how I will know if Snoozmaster has been successful in ‘hacking’/’patching’ or finding a work-around  for up-dates for OS x 8 & 9?

I know I am now ‘putting upon you’ by asking this (but I will anyway!) .. I have ‘goggled’ MenuMinder’ in Apple’s applications.. Does it do the same thing as Snoozmaster?

All I want and need is something to snooze (OS X 10.8 does not allow a 'specified 'snooze time) as well as a different sound alter! REALLY hate the (by default) sound that comes with Apple ‘basso’ sound!Any suggestions how I can do this?  Huh

Once more I thank you in advance and look forward to your further response.. Smiley
Corrinne
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2014, 03:21:06 pm »

You will have to wait for the next version to come out.  After it is installed, it will either work for you or it won't.  We had to come up with another way to "patch/hack" OS X 8 and 9, but not 10.  We won't really know if it works for you until you try it.

We have to "Submit" our apps to Apple for "Review".  If it were up to us, you would have the updates immediately, however Apple has all control over the release of the apps.  It can be 1 day, 1 week or just under a month.  We never know.  Recently it's been pretty quick though (several days).

MenuMinder is not at all similar to SM.  It is completely different.

We do not play any sound for alerts.  If you have any sounds, you probably didn't turn them off in System Settings -> Notifications -> Calendar
CORRINNE

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2014, 04:00:08 am »

Hello Adam and I thank you once more for your input..

Could you please, inform me when or how I will know if you have updated your system, so it will compliment and work on my Apple Mac Pro, Mountain Lion, OX 10.8?

Once again I thank you in advance and look forward to your further response..

Corrinne
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2014, 01:47:32 pm »

We do not know.  It is completely up to Apple to "Review" and put it up on the store.  Could be days or weeks.  We never know.
CORRINNE

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2014, 08:44:36 am »

Hello again Adam..thnak you for your response..
You have infored me when   "It is completely up to Apple to "Review" and put it up on the store.  Could be days or weeks.  We never know."
However, please would you revert (yet again) as to;
How "I will know if you have updated your system, so it will compliment and work on my Apple Mac Pro, Mountain Lion, OX 10.8?"

Again I thank you in advance and look forward to your further reply..

Corrinne
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2014, 12:18:48 pm »

It will be an update in your App Store app.
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2014, 12:09:42 am »

Update now available.
CORRINNE

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2014, 08:13:46 am »

Hello Adam I thank you yet again for your reply..
 Smiley
I have received notification (as you said I would) form the Apple Store ‘Applications’ that there is an ‘upgrade/update’, 3 December’ to SnoozeMaster, version 1.8.. I see it states ‘fixes for 8 & 9’..Is it additionally/also for my version ‘10’?

Upon checking my purchases (in Finder, then my applications); the version I downloaded, 24 November, was version 1.7

Sorry to be such a nuisance..

Am I to delete (in my applications) the version I am currently running and then reinstall your latest version (1.Cool?

Or do I just ‘hit’ ‘update’?

As I explained to you at the beginning of this long thread (my apologies that I have been a bit dumb and slow) I am severely dyslexic and I REALLY want to try/attempt to get it right.. I have found this task (with SnoozMaster) particularly challenging!! I just don’t want to run the risk of doing some irrecoverable or irretrievable harm or damage!!

Am I to download the new version of SnoozMaster (1.Cool and hope (& pray!) that the modifications/patch’s/hacks, you have made, will be compatible with my Apple Mac pro, OX 10.8.5 (12F45)?

Or are there any other specific (Please be as clear and detailed if this is the case, as possible) that I need to do, to install the new version (1.Cool of SnoozMaster?

You have been exceptionally patient and understanding with me and I thank you most sincerely for this.

Again I thank you in advance and look forward to your additional reply.. Smiley
Corrinne Wink
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: