On-Core Software
November 18, 2019, 07:47:47 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Shotmaxx works on iPhone but not Android  (Read 3336 times)
jstoppok

« on: January 07, 2015, 10:17:50 pm »

Hello.  I just got a Shotmaxx with firmware 3085 and it works great with your app on my iPhone 4S with iOS 6.1.6.  However, I also have a Lenovo A8 Android tablet running Android version 4.4.2 and the trainer application does not recognize that the Shotmaxx is connected.  The Bluetooth control panel shows the timer is paired but the trainer app just shows "Disconnected".  I've tried rebooting the tablet, re-updating the Shotmaxx firmware, and re-loading the Shotmaxx Trainer app.  Do you have any other suggestions as to what I can do to get the app to work on my Android tablet?
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2015, 02:05:21 pm »

Hi.  On the Android device, are you tapping on the "Disconnected" text to bring up the Bluetooth chooser?  Once you do that and select the SM it should say "connected" there.  Once your return to the SMT app, it should then say Shotmax SMX-xxxxxxxx.  If that doesn't work, try a Reboot of the Android device (power off an boot back up again).
jstoppok

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2015, 07:24:44 pm »

I rebooted the Android device and still get the same results.  The trainer app recognizes when Bluetooth is off and turns it on.  Then the disconnect message appears.  When I click on that it goes to the Bluetooth settings page and the Shotmaxx is paired.  One strange thing is there were two icons created when I installed the app, one labeled "SM Trainer" and the other labeled "Shotmaxx Trainer".  As far as I can tell they are otherwise identical.  When I removed the one icon both disappeared and when I reloaded the software both came back.  I'm not sure if that is relevant.  The other thing is the Android device shows the Shotmaxx paired even after I turn the Bluetooth off on the timer.  The iPhone immediately shows "Not Connected" when I do the same.  So maybe that indicates a hardware / OS issue?  I'll try to find another Android device to test it on.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: