On-Core Software
August 17, 2019, 06:33:50 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: End of a great app?  (Read 4533 times)
Imraan

« on: October 16, 2014, 06:33:42 am »

I have been really happy with Time Master and have recommended it to countless people for its simplicity and reliability...until recently. More problems appear to be occurring and recurring: duplication of entries; failure to close entries; crashes on scanning receipts; failure to back up on Time Master Central; taking long to back up on Dropbox; general non-responsive or overtly slow to respond buttons etc.

I know some of these problems are being addressed and responded to in different parts of this forum. But, there lies a further problem itself. it is difficult to find a solution and then there simply are more and more problems with 'solutions' at different places.

This has always been a great app but maybe its now not worth keeping it going as before. Perhaps a small subscription fee would see more attention to details? I'd be loathe to change to another solution but cannot continue with the reliability issues. Please help.
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2014, 09:29:27 am »

All of the problems have been fixed, however with Apple we have to WAIT for Review.  On every single major iOS update, Apple causes issues for developers where they break things in the OS and things in apps do not function correctly.  iOS 8 is no exception.  Unfortunately instead of Apple taking the initiative and increasing the staff to "Review" and put updates up on the App Store in a timely manner, they just take more time.  For the first (biggest) issue, the "stuck progress indictor" we fixed it immediately (TM v6.0.4) and it took 13 days for Apple to put the update out on the App Store.  To us that is totally unacceptable, but we cannot do anything about it.  As soon as that FINALLY came out, we immediately posted TM 6.0.5, which has fixes for ALL the other issues.  It is probably going to take Apple around 2 weeks before they put that up.  As iOS developers, we REALLY HATE Apple's horribly SLOW review process.  We wish they would get with the game.  When we submit the Windows 8 version of TM, they have the new version on the Windows Store usually in 4 hours and 12 hours at the absolute worst case.  Android is by far the best.  They take 1 to 2 hours.

That being said, we always fix any issues that appear.  Unfortunately we do miss some of the issues and TM 6.0 was a big "clean up" release to bring the app up-to-date.  In every major iOS release Apple phases out some of the old iOS programming routines and it breaks the programs.  Of course, we like to be perfect, but as you know, not even Apple can do that.  Just look at the iOS 8.0.1 update.
kcasey

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2014, 04:06:33 pm »

Still the best app out there. Support has always been outstanding.
I would happily pay a subscription fee to be able to submit my database for integrity check / rebuild.
This has beaten out apps that we have paid hundreds for that can't do half of what this app does.
Thanks Adam.
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2014, 08:54:39 pm »

Looks like Apple finally got things sped up!  v6.0.5 was just posted!  Start your download now.  Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: