On-Core Software
November 17, 2019, 05:14:38 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Quick Timer Start  (Read 3742 times)
ERISA Dude

« on: October 07, 2014, 09:59:08 pm »

Is there a way for me to start a timer going and then fill in the client info later?  For example, if I take a phone call that I am charging for, I want to answer the phone, start the timer going, but then listen to my client and take notes without having to go through the time master screens to fill out the client's name.  Even if I know the client's name and start a timer with the client's name, the client may change the subject and I may want to bill to another project of the client without going through multiple screens to accomplish this.

In my mind, a potential workaround is to have a preset client name called "miscellaneous" to toggle on relatively quickly, and then revise the client name later, but that is not an ideal solution.

Thank you.
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2014, 10:26:38 pm »

You must pick the Client as a minimum.  This will not change.  From what you are saying, you are going to fill in the information later, so just add the Client, Save and then start the Timer.  When you are done you can go in and add/edit whatever you want in the entry.
ERISA Dude

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2014, 04:42:27 am »

OK. It will require 5 clicks to get the timer going (+, client, select client, save, timer start), but maybe I'll learn to do it quickly. Thank you.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: