On-Core Software
December 12, 2019, 07:30:20 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Synchronizing  (Read 5131 times)
Icwallace

« on: October 07, 2014, 08:53:06 am »

I have an iPad, and android phone and a PC.I have lots of apps that work on all three with the data storage being web-based. Examples are Wunderlist and my fitness pal. Currently it is difficult and impractical to sync between my iPad and android. Time Master is a great program with a huge synchronization issue. I love my iPad but I have no intention of owning an iPhone. The MacWorld has too many constraints. My suggestion is move to the Wunderlist type of platform and make your product available to use on all types of phones, tablets and computers
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2014, 09:16:31 am »

I'm not sure I understand your question.  The optional Synchronization module works across all three platforms for Time Master.  You can sync iOS to Android and/or Windows.  You can sync between any and all of them.
Icwallace

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2014, 03:24:24 pm »

thanks, I had a look after I posted and did find the sync apps, downloaded and it worked. This app did not exist when I last had issues. However, documentation does not say how it syncs, ie does it just add stuff from one to the other? If I have added clients, projects and time entries to both devices, I presume both devices would end up with all of the additions. What if I have deleted or downloaded entries from one device does it remove them from the other?

The old method would wipe out the data on one device and replace it with the other device's data
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2014, 03:28:42 pm »

We have not changed the way the Sync works.  If you change something on one device, it will also change on the other device after the sync.  If you delete from one, it will delete from the other after the sync.  You want to avoid modifying the *same* item on both devices between syncs.  For example, do not modify client ABC on the iPad and iPhone between syncs.  Since it won't know which one is proper, it will use the one that was most recently modified and update the other with that info.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: