On-Core Software
October 19, 2017, 05:03:02 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Problem backing up to TimeMaster Central  (Read 9177 times)
maxwellr

« on: October 06, 2014, 05:32:22 pm »

My last backup to TimeMaster Central was in June of 2014. After moving to iOS 8 and applying OS/X updates since June, I can no longer select a device in the TimeMaster Central left hand column though I can see those devices when they are on and running TimeMaster. I cannot select the device to perform a restore and I see no way to backup the device.

As a practice, I always backup TimeMaster at the beginning of the year before purging the previous year's data. Occasionally I restore a years database to my iPad for analysis purposes or to run reports, etc.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

I am running the most recent version of TimeMaster on my iPad 2 and iPhone 5s, and I am running the most recent version of Central (3.1).

Adam
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2014, 08:34:08 pm »

Hi Max,

We deprecated TMC years ago and do not provide support for it anymore.  Time Master 6 (TM) is a huge rewrite and we removed a lot of legacy code that dated back to iOS 2 and was no longer valid.  In order to "keep up with time", we have moved TM to a minimum of iOS 7 and from 32 bit to 64 bit for speed.  We also had to rewrite many of the call to old Apple code that Apple has been deprecating and will not longer function in iOS 8.

At this time, we recommending doing Backup/Restore it Dropbox (Setup -> Database -> Online Backup & Restore).  Dropbox is free and secure and provides more space than you will ever need for TM backups.
jinx

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2014, 04:21:05 am »

Time Master Central is ESSENTIAL for any serious operation. Not all of us want to (or depending on country even have the right to) to offer our customer data to a foreign storage source (that does not provide for a strict adherence to given country data protection laws).

Please inform when you will fix Time Master Cental
jinx

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2014, 04:23:53 am »

Forgotten to mention that my message pertained to the Mac OS X version.
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2014, 10:11:46 am »

Sorry we will not be updating TMC.  It may or may not work again.  The issue is in TM on the iOS devices at this point, not the Mac app.
jinx

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2014, 10:45:48 am »

Well then - the customers are interested in a working solution not whiz piece of software is to blame (and both are yours :-)

If the problem is in TM on iOS and not in TMC then my question is obviously transposed into:
- when will you update TM on iOS so it works with TMC?
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2014, 11:36:29 am »

Basically if Apple does not provide that anymore, in iOS 8, there is not much we can do.  We must keep up-to-date or our program will no longer work on future versions of iOS.  They remove support for some programming tools, for old iOS versions on every major update.  For example, we can no longer even compile code that runs on iOS 2 or 3 at all.  iOS 4.3 at a absolute minimum, but that will probably go away with either iOS 8.1 or iOS 9.

If it is possible, we will see, but I cannot make any promises.
jinx

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2014, 12:20:17 pm »

I put my trust in your ingenuity. I would hate to lose this great application of yours - I have tried many similar apps (or claiming to be) and yours was my choice no 1 and by far!!!
jinx

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2014, 09:39:11 am »

Time master Central works again with iOS 8.1
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: