On-Core Software
August 25, 2019, 08:05:15 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Duplicate entry created on startup after latest update  (Read 6321 times)
davelefevre

« on: October 06, 2014, 02:38:22 pm »

Running TM 6.0, updated Sept. 28, on my iPad running iOS 7.1.2. I have NOT upgraded to iOS 8.0.2 and won't until OSX Yosemite comes out. Every time I start the TM application it shows a draft time entry that looks just like the last one I created and saved before closing the app. I have to tap "cancel" to go to the time entries screen. If I tap "save" it creates a duplicate. (One time I tapped "cancel" on one of these start-up duplicate entries, and it deleted the original, which I then had to recreate. I have not been able to duplicate that problem, though.)
If this is a new feature so shorten the time to creating a new entry, it's very confusing because it duplicates field-for-field and word-for-word another entry, so it's not clear whether you're modifying an existing entry or creating a new one.
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2014, 03:20:24 pm »

The "saved state" issue will happen if TM is force-quit.  Are you having to force-quit TM due to the "progress dialog" bug?  Please let us know if that is not the case?  If so, that is why you are getting it to pop-up after relaunching it.  It's been well over a week and we are still waiting for Apple to "Review" and release the version that fixes the progress bug.
kcasey

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2014, 01:04:04 pm »

Hi Adam
I am having the same issue.
No fore close,. Normal shutdown, then reopen. Dup entry nd it opens in entry detail mode of last entry.
Have been able to duplicate several times.
Cn provide deck if neeed
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2014, 01:57:37 pm »

We have fixed this issue, however it may be awhile before we can get it into your hands.

Apple is VERY slow at "Reviewing" apps at the moment.  We submitted the last update 12 days ago and are still waiting for them to Review and Approve it.  Once that is done, we will submit the next version with this fix and a couple others.  Unfortunately it may take another couple weeks at the rate Apple is moving.   Sad
davelefevre

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2014, 05:13:46 pm »

The "saved state" issue will happen if TM is force-quit.  Are you having to force-quit TM due to the "progress dialog" bug?  Please let us know if that is not the case?  If so, that is why you are getting it to pop-up after relaunching it.  It's been well over a week and we are still waiting for Apple to "Review" and release the version that fixes the progress bug.

Not sure what you mean by "force quit" on the iPad. I do double-tap the home button and swipe up on the TM app to close it because my 1-year old has occasionally opened apps running in the background and messed around with them. He "touches" the screen with his whole hand, so the iPad thinks he's using multitasking gestures; he has a harder time tapping with just one finger.
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2014, 08:05:24 pm »

Yes, double-tap the Home and Swipe up "force quits" an app.
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2014, 08:56:26 pm »

TM v6.0.5 was just Reviewed by Apple and is now up on the App Store.  Make sure to download this ASAP!  Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: