On-Core Software
August 21, 2019, 01:42:28 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Company details consumed  (Read 4421 times)
dpeace

« on: August 24, 2014, 11:47:22 am »

Hi.

I today went to do my monthly invoice run and noticed that my company had disappeared! This meant that my invoice header / terms / next invoice number &c had all gone. Settings had reverted to My Company.

I was able to recover the details from an old backup, but thought it might be worth mentioning. All the ancillary data (tax rates, default hourly rate etc) had also gone.

Since my last invoice run, I have bought both the Windows Metro app and also the Android, and had synchronised everything with everything else via wifi, which copied across all my historical time and expenses data.

I'll synchronise via Dropbox for now - is this a known issue?

Best,

Darren
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2014, 12:03:37 pm »

Hi Darren,

On some very rare occasions the settings get corrupted.  Probably caused by some odd iOS glitch when TM is interrupted by the system and cannot finish writing out before closing the app.  When they are corrupted, instead of invalidating the whole database, we "reset" all the "settings", so that is what you experienced.  You can either do a Restore (as you did) or reset all the settings to what they need to be.
dpeace

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2014, 01:52:44 pm »

Many thanks, Adam.

I think I've looked in all the right places to restore - appreciate the information.

I'll post again if I discover anything useful in diagnosing the issue.

Best,

Darren
dpeace

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2014, 04:16:59 am »

Hi Adam.

Aargh. Same problem this month, and I didn't notice until I'd sent out all my invoices, so they went out without my header / field settings.

I will stick to synchronising via Dropbox; I cannot tell if the issue is created by iOS / Windows 8.1 / Android, but I didn't have this problem when I was just synchronising iPad to iPhone.

Is there any way an error could be notified if the company details are reset? It would be easier to resolve the situation if one is immediately told about it.

Many thanks,

Darren
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2014, 11:04:09 am »

Hi Darren,

The Settings do not Sync, so syncing should not be a problem there.  Do you have this on all 3 platforms?  If so, can you check the settings on the other devices and let me know if they are intact?

Unfortunately iOS 8 is buggy and we've had a bunch of issues with it.  Apple is extremely slow at "Reviews" again (we suspect that they are swamped with developers submitting bug fixes).  We have some fixes in the queue for when Apple ever releases the last submission and can submit what is still pending.  So far they are well over one week.  Sad
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: