On-Core Software
September 20, 2019, 02:26:24 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: another emailing question  (Read 4034 times)
thedave

« on: August 04, 2014, 11:40:10 am »

hi there,

thanks again for getting this working. I do have a question/request, though.

on my iPhone, exporting an invoice to email would open my email program with a message already addressed to the client's email address and a content area that contained the text of my email template. I cannot figure out that functionality on the android. instead, I am having to create phone contracts for all my clients and then cut and paste text from a notepad app or type out each email by hand.

am I missing something? if not, would you please consider adding this functionality, as it was extremely helpful.

thanks again for all your hard work and an excellent product.

d.
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2014, 10:29:57 am »

Hi Dave,

Unfortunately no.  The iOS API (programming tools) allowed us to pass certain information into the Mail app.  Android does not give us any capability to pass things like the email address, ect. to any of the email apps.  They do not treat email apps any differently than say a PDF viewer.  They just pass the body of the information, but do not have any parameters.
thedave

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2014, 10:30:41 pm »

does this help at all?

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/18375557/send-email-from-android-app-issue-with-subject-and-bcc
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: