On-Core Software
October 19, 2019, 02:22:24 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Project Budget amounts / Consolidated invoice  (Read 5410 times)
blokey

« on: August 03, 2010, 01:44:51 am »

Hi,

I'm still getting used to Time Master but so far its a pretty awesome bit of software.  One thing I'd like to be-able to track though is a particular budget for a project.  For example, a particular project might have been estimated / quoted for $xxx or xx hours and I'd like to track how much time / money has been charged against the project.

Also, for an invoice is it possible to consolidate all the daily entries into one summary row?  So that if its a weekly invoice and an hour has been charged each day, there would only be one line on the invoice for 5 hours.

Are these possibilities?

Cheers

Edward
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2010, 11:44:43 am »

Hi,

I'm still getting used to Time Master but so far its a pretty awesome bit of software.  One thing I'd like to be-able to track though is a particular budget for a project.  For example, a particular project might have been estimated / quoted for $xxx or xx hours and I'd like to track how much time / money has been charged against the project.

Your question is a bit confusing.  Are you saying that you want to say that you think it will be X amount, but whatever it ends up being, you will charge the client Y, or are you asking for a "Flat Rate" that you will charge and want to track time?

For this first, you could just put your guestimate in the "Project Notes" field.  Then when you are done, you can run a report on that Project and see how close you came.

For "Flat Rate Project" (on our ToDo list), you can use the Expenses to bill your client the flat rate then add yourself as a Client, with a Project, and add time entries under yourself so you can get a total time to see how accurate you were.

Also, for an invoice is it possible to consolidate all the daily entries into one summary row?  So that if its a weekly invoice and an hour has been charged each day, there would only be one line on the invoice for 5 hours.

This is on our "wishlist" to be able to consolidate entries on an Invoice by something like: All, Project or Task.  This is probably something that we will do, but we have to hash out how this is going to work and what is involved programming wise.  No ETA at this time, but it is likely that this will make it into a future version.

blokey

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2010, 12:19:03 pm »

I'll try to rephrase it into English!
What I'm trying to do with the estimate is when we agree a project (ours are internal only chargeback ones) we have an estimate of how many hours it will take. This can also be converted into dollar amount but I can manage that outside of time master if needed.

I would like to store against the project both the amount of budget allocated to that project (from the initial estimate) and how much has been used.
I know I can get the amount used from the report if I focus on just one project but with upwards of 50 projects on the go, it would be a bit challenging to check each one by hand each week!

So in essence, have 2 fields stored / viewable against each project, one with the amount budgeted / estimated (either a dollar amount or number of hours) and the other field being a sum of the total amount used (again either dollar or hours)

The charge to the client would be just the same as usual, this is just to keep track of estimates / quotes.

Does that make more sense?
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2010, 12:27:57 pm »

Yes, you basically want analysis tools.  There have been a couple requests for this and we will add yours to the "wishlist".  The more people ask for certain features, the higher priority we give them, so thank you for the feedback!   Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: