On-Core Software
August 14, 2018, 01:35:35 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Would like to enter a professional courtesy Discount on the invoice like say 50%  (Read 6290 times)
LF3ATL

« on: May 16, 2014, 04:59:37 pm »

Huh Hi, I would like to add a professional courtesy discount on the invoice for a client/friend.  I don't see a way to add a "line item" so I though I would create a new item with a negative number.  It won't allow a negative number in the "expense" field.   Can't find this question in the forum.  Please help with ideas.
Thanks
Lee
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2014, 05:44:20 pm »

There are two ways you could do this.  First is to create a "Credit" for whatever amount you want to discount it and Apply it to the invoice.  You could set the note as PC or whatever.  The other is to use the Markup/Discount in the invoice itself.  It doesn't have a line item, but will just say Discount at the end totals and subtract that amount.
LF3ATL

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2014, 01:10:23 pm »

Adam,
Thanks so much for taking the time to reply! It is much appreciated! 

You have stated what I think will be a solution for me but didn't actually explain how it is done.  I am really struggling with lack of menus in windows 8 apps and need a bit more help.  I did figure out the charms and went to settings and help.  I understand how to access the manual but can't seem to search for the word "credit" or "discount" withing the manual.  Rather than me paging through 123 pages in the manual, could you possibly give me the page number that explains how to create a "credit" or "discount?"
Many Thanks!
Lee
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2014, 01:16:59 pm »

Payments, debits & credits start at page 95.  Discounts on page 85.

You should probably download the manual on your desktop computer for easier reading.  Go to the main page of this site (not forums) and select Windows -> Time Master.  Scroll to the bottom for the docs PDF.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: