On-Core Software
November 13, 2019, 02:50:06 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cropping scanned receipts with ease  (Read 4051 times)
sunspots

« on: May 04, 2014, 02:36:07 am »

Hi
I've used the expense module on a regular basis in Time Master and scanned receipts to document expenses to be claimed from a client.

I would like the cropping functionality to be simplified and to allow the done with easy. Currently, you have to grab each handle and try and move it across the receipt. It either gets to be too short or too wide and skewed between the top and bottom or from side to side.

Recently I downloaded two receipt apps (receipts2go & receipt catcher) both use handles in the corner and you simply drag across to crop. Scanning receipts with either of these apps has me saving the receipt within a minute, while in Time Master I can spend several frustrated minutes before finalising the capture.

Look forward to a future version of Time Master having a much simplified & quick cropping function.
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2014, 05:50:17 pm »

While I agree that the TM "handles" are harder to use, it is more powerful than the app, such as Receipts2go.  The reason is that theirs is a strict rectangle, while ours works on "aspect".  So if you take a picture and the receipts is a trapezoid (which it often is due to lighting conditions), it will correct the aspect of the picture and turn it into a correct rectangle.

If you want you can go to Setup -> General -> Post Process Receipts and un-check that row.  That will not do any processing on the picture whatsoever and what you see is what you get.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: