On-Core Software
July 23, 2019, 05:42:45 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Nothing Works  (Read 5005 times)
Nbk911

« on: April 18, 2014, 05:40:52 pm »

Galaxy S4mini
Shotmaxx with 3043 (last) firmware.

The bluetooth connection is correctly set and the SM appears green.

Unable to send the settings,nothing happens
Unable to start the timer from my galaxy
Unable to send the times from my shotmaxx

Tried a lot of things and flashed back my SM twice...

WTF?
Nbk911

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2014, 06:22:17 am »

Update

Today at the range:

Unable to send the settings nothing happens
Unable to start the timer from my galaxy
Able to send the times from my shotmaxx, only 3 drills, then never again.

I didn't restart my galaxy, and stopped using the features, i was at the range to train, not to restart my smartphone !
Went back to paper and pencil :-(
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2014, 09:51:50 pm »

The ShotMaxx (SM) seems to have troubles receiving commands sometimes.  Since it is "analog" signal, we "max" out the "volume" when sending, which is about all we can do.  The Android devices seem to have a flakey Bluetooth (BT) compared to iOS (in all our testing of between the two).  The other thing that you *must* be aware of is if the SM isn't touched for 5 minutes, it will turn the BT OFF.  If you go into the settings on the SM, make sure that Send = "on".  It will timeout on the SM, but it doesn't "disconnect" from BT connection on the phone/pad.  It is just the way the SM hardware works.
Nbk911

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2014, 06:40:03 pm »

Hi

Thanx for your answer
Nevertheless you must be aware that your answer is not very satisfying:
When i purchased your app on the appstore i never saw anywhere that the couple android/SM worked randomly.
I bought a reliable way to store my results on my android, not a gadget. I'm very disapointed about that.

The BT on my SM was always on and i made sure of that.

Is any further development expected to make this app reliable?
Is shotmaxx aware taht the bluetooth link is not satisfying?

Thanx
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2014, 06:59:05 pm »

Unfortunately there is nothing else we can do.  I wish we could.  Hopefully their hardware people can improve on the "reception" of the analog data.  We transmit what is required thru their API (programming interface).  We have no control of what happens with the analog signals that are received by the SM.  In our tests, sometimes it didn't work correctly and we rebooted the Nexus 7 tablet and the SM and it worked after that.  Even with the iOS version we had some occasions where the SM didn't want to receive commands and after "reflashing" (which basically does a "hard" reset), it would work afterwards.

You will notice that sometimes the data that is received by the Android/iOS device will be incorrect.  That is the nature of "analog" signals.  We hope that at some point they will create an all "digital" version of the SM.  (e.g. SM II).
Nbk911

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2014, 04:45:43 am »

Then you should mention on the play store that the app is not reliable before we buy it.
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2014, 10:48:48 am »

It's not the app.  It's the SM.  We transmit the data, but it doesn't alway process it.  Sad
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 10:51:05 am by Adam » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: