On-Core Software
December 09, 2019, 01:56:34 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: No devices show up in Syncronize with Device  (Read 10729 times)
johnkapp

« on: November 29, 2013, 06:40:01 pm »

I have two Windows 8.1 systems that I am trying to set up for Synchronization. Both have the software installed and the Sync module. However, when I go to Synchronize with Device, there are no devices. I can see each device from the other in the network. Do you have any suggestions for what to do next?
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2013, 12:22:36 pm »

Hi John,

What happened is that Microsoft broke the multicast in Windows 8.1 (worked just fine in Win 8.0).  It happens on some devices, but not all.  We are still trying work-arounds (hence all the versions recently) to fix this issue and hope to have the next version out before the end this this coming week.  We think we may finally have something that works and just need to wrap up one other thing so we can submit it.  Thanks for your patience.
johnkapp

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2013, 09:46:18 pm »

Thanks for your reply. I managed to accomplish the task by exporting it to Skydrive and importing it to my other device. I just wanted to get the data I entered as part of the setup moved.
Mark

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2014, 09:04:41 pm »

Hi,

I'm using version 5.9 update 9 and attempting to sync with my iphone using version 5.8.8 and I now have this same problem.
Whether I look on either my laptop or my phone, no devices appear to synchronise with.

I have successfully synched these two devices before so I'm not sure what's changed and that doesn't necessarily mean it's Time Master.
I've confirmed that they are on the same local wifi. Windows version is 8.1. Looking for suggestions as to what may prevent each of these devices from seeing each other.

I had been very careful to only work on one or the other until I was confident the synchronising was working as I expected. Now that I've entered data on both devices, I can no longer synch.  Shocked Huh Sad
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2014, 09:18:47 pm »

The quick things you can try is to reboot everything.  Reboot the iPhone, laptop and wi-fi router.  If in doubt of your network, bring the iPhone & Laptop to work or some other place where you can try another wi-fi network.  We haven't changed anything in the apps for awhile now.  I think we fixed one odd bug in the Windows version a couple months back.  Please let us know if that helps?
Mark

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2014, 10:33:06 pm »

Thanks Adam.

Yes, I had tried the reboot of all three over the past week with no luck.
TBH I think the router is somehow getting in the way but I don't know how. All our devices around the home, 2 laptops, 2 iphones, 2 android tablets, 1 printer, apple tv all connect to the wifi and subsequently the internet but I can't see the devices within Time Master.

Interestingly the other day I disconnected my printer and was then unable to locate it to re-add it though I could still print to it via the cloud and scan and email so it was definitely connected to the wifi. I have though just now been able to re-add it and print to it directly so whatever was preventing the printer from being visible has rectified itself. Whilst troubleshooting that I first noticed I was unable to synchronise Time Master.

So whilst I accept that the root cause is probably not with Time Master, the current symptoms are and I was hoping your experience might help me identify something further to chase down.

Any thoughts/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I've kinda hit a brick wall at the moment.
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2014, 10:52:43 am »

Is it possible for you to try it on another local WiFi network?  For example, take it to a work location or friends house that would allow you to try it?  Also have you installed anything new on the Windows device, for example any new firewall/anti-virus software?
Mark

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2014, 10:46:22 pm »

Adam, no nothing new that I can think of.

Another wifi network? I'll give that a try at some point but very few of my customers are on wifi so I'm not sure when that opportunity will present itself. I'll let you know the outcome if and when I get the chance.

Thanks
Mark

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2014, 02:11:09 am »

Just an update. I never got to try an alternative wifi network but I have just out of desperations sake tried again.
This time success.
However not at first. Again I went to synch from the laptop and it couldn't identify any devices.
So I thought I would try the reverse and start from my iPhone. This time I couldn't find the synch module so I had to go through the steps of purchasing it again. Of course I already had purchased it but as far as the phone was concerned, I hadn't installed it. So I installed again and the synch was back in order.

Considering it had been installed because I had completed the synch a number of times before, I don't know why it would get lost but there you have it. Re-install the upgrade and its just like a bought one.  Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: