On-Core Software
November 14, 2019, 03:42:20 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Efficiency in Add Entry screen  (Read 5143 times)
damonbrinson

« on: November 06, 2013, 09:25:14 am »

There are four sections to the Add Entry screen: 1) General Information, 2) Date and Time, 3) Rate and Attributes, and 4) Reference.

For me, the two most important sections are numbers 1 and 4.  Number 1 is obvious, which is why it's positioned at the top.  Number 4 is necessary for me because I use the timers and clock into and out of tasks in 6-minute increments all day.  I need to jot a VERY quick note into the Reference field with each entry so I can later draft more fulsome billing language to describe the task to the client.

I almost never change the values in section 3.  It would be very helpful if the number 4 (Reference) section were positioned above the number 3 section so I wouldn't have to scroll past it dozens of times per day.  Time is of the essence when you bill in 6-minute increments, and all that scrolling (and waiting for the scroll to stop moving so the field will accept input) adds up and is frustrating sometimes.

Since people have different needs and priorities for this Add Entry screen, I would like to suggest that users should be able to customize it:

1) create a setting that would allow users to specify which order the four sections in the Add Entry screen would be displayed.  I would order them: 1, 4, 2, 3.

OR

2) create a setting that would allow users to specify which sections are visible in the Add Entry screen.  I would "hide" section number 3.

Ultimately, the Add Entry screen is our primary day-to-day interface with the app.  Folks like me spend 10 - 12 hours a day tapping, picking, SCROLLING, and typing in this screen.  A tweak like the above suggestions would allow folks to lightly customize this screen, which would really boost the efficiency of adding tasks throughout the day.

Thanks!
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2013, 10:15:47 am »

Thanks for the feedback.  We will add your request to our "wish list".
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: