On-Core Software
December 05, 2019, 10:45:07 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Duplicating jobs today (getting around the "green")  (Read 4768 times)
empowergraphics

« on: March 12, 2013, 11:43:49 am »

I love how I can click on one of the dark gray areas ("hot spot") to bring up options to "duplicate" a project. However, I can't do it on the same day - can I?. If it's green, it's a Start/Stop. Is there a way to do both?

I know I have discussed "Real Estate" before. If clicking the arrow does the same as clicking anywhere to the left of the "hot spot", can we use some of the real estate to the left of the "hot spot", or somehow divide up the hot spot??

Thanks!
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2013, 12:03:10 pm »

I love how I can click on one of the dark gray areas ("hot spot") to bring up options to "duplicate" a project. However, I can't do it on the same day - can I?. If it's green, it's a Start/Stop. Is there a way to do both?

Time Master is based on a "day".  When you are working on something for "Today", you want to start/stop it as much as needed.  That is the whole idea to track time for that entry for the day. There is no reason to duplicate it.

I know I have discussed "Real Estate" before. If clicking the arrow does the same as clicking anywhere to the left of the "hot spot", can we use some of the real estate to the left of the "hot spot", or somehow divide up the hot spot??

That is the iOS control and that is how it works.  It is "built-in" to the operating system and we are not even going to attempt to rewrite all of Apple's code.
empowergraphics

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2013, 12:50:47 pm »

Adam - you may have based Time Master on a "day" but I use it based on how I work. And I often stop and start a project during the day. Because I developed my invoice database/link over 8 years ago, it was never designed to take breaks into account so I need to do separate entries for each time I start and stop a project.

Question: If I stop and start a project several times per day, does Time Master keep track of each stop and start time, or only the overall duration (or total time less breaks)?? If the former, I can still use the start and stop times in FileMaker Pro to do invoicing. Else I have to create separate start/stop times.

And yes, you already told me about Apple's way of using the arrow but what about the space to the left of the "hot spot"/green area? It now does the same thing as touching the arrow so is redundant???
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2013, 12:56:56 pm »

Adam - you may have based Time Master on a "day" but I use it based on how I work. And I often stop and start a project during the day. Because I developed my invoice database/link over 8 years ago, it was never designed to take breaks into account so I need to do separate entries for each time I start and stop a project.

Question: If I stop and start a project several times per day, does Time Master keep track of each stop and start time, or only the overall duration (or total time less breaks)?? If the former, I can still use the start and stop times in FileMaker Pro to do invoicing. Else I have to create separate start/stop times.[\quote]

Then you should be using "Sessions".  Please see the Manual for how that works.

And yes, you already told me about Apple's way of using the arrow but what about the space to the left of the "hot spot"/green area? It now does the same thing as touching the arrow so is redundant???

That is because we "overlay" the green/grey box in it's rectangle.  The "disclosure" arrow would be there regardless of wether we colored or displayed text anywhere else on that row.
damonbrinson

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2013, 09:31:52 am »

Time Master keeps track of each start and stop throughout the day.  The different blocks of time are called "sessions," and can automatically prompt you for a note when each is created so you can distinguish between multiple sessions for a single project.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: