On-Core Software
December 13, 2019, 07:34:28 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: SnoozeMaster not working with Reminders  (Read 5723 times)
meiw

« on: September 30, 2013, 07:22:18 pm »

SnoozeMaster works great with iCal alerts, but is not working with Reminder alerts. I've followed the directions in the SnoozeMaster docs (turned off default alert styles in Notifications, setup default snooze times, set program to run at startup) and tried quitting/restarting app, restarting my machine, but I still have the problem.

Any suggestions? SnoozeMaster 1.4 running on Mountain Lion 10.8.5 on a 2.5 i5 Mac Mini.
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2013, 09:50:00 pm »

It should work with Reminders, but keep in mind that it will only alert you for reminders that come up in the future.  If you have a bunch of past ones, it will not send you alerts for those.  Also, in the reminder, make sure it has the "On a Day" checked and you set the date and time.  Otherwise it will not have any information to go on and the system will not alert you.
meiw

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2013, 09:52:52 pm »

I've done all that, no dice. The built in Mac OS X alerts work (if I have them active), but nothing from SnoozeMaster.
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2013, 10:42:41 pm »

You are running v1.4, correct?
meiw

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2013, 10:43:13 pm »

Yep.
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2013, 11:05:20 am »

Not really sure why you are having problems.  Tested and working here with 10.8.5.

The API (programming interface from Apple) is really horrible for the Calendar/Reminder stuff.  There are some bugs in it that cause exceptions (crash).  We reported them, but never know if they will actually fix them.  When that is the case, we have to skip over those entries.  Only thing I can think of is that one ore more of them is causing things to crash in the OSX.  Can you remove any old reminders and start fresh.  Try setting a new Reminder around 15 minutes in the future and see what happens?
meiw

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2013, 01:37:08 pm »

I tried deleting old reminders and setting a new one, and still no dice. Could there be a preference or cache file somewhere I can try deleting?
meiw

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2013, 05:22:41 pm »

Okay, I had to reinstall ML to deal with another issue (Spotlight not indexing), and that seemed to fix the issue with SnoozeMaster and Reminders.

Thanks for your help.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: