On-Core Software
December 05, 2019, 11:51:50 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Importing IIF files  (Read 13503 times)
Adam
Administrator

« on: March 26, 2010, 06:43:34 pm »

We have been asked on many occasions about Importing IIF files from Quickbooks. Well it looks like things are getting better. In version 2.8 we will be fully supporting the new iPad. The new iPad OS 3.2 allows us to "open" email attachments. We are HOPING that Apple will also include this feature in future versions of the iPhone/iPod Touch OS too!

Basically how this will work is that you will Export the list of Customers, Items and Jobs (make sure to uncheck all other items to keep the files size down) in a Quickbooks IIF file. Next you will email the IIF file to your iPad. In the email tap on the IIF file and it will ask you if you want to open the file with Time Master. It will then launch Time Master and ask you if you want to import the records. Once completed it will tell you how many of each type it imported. We've done our best to intelligently import the records and tag them with a Code to ensure that if you change things in QB in the future, they should also update correctly in Time Master.

Keep your fingers crossed that this ability also comes to the iPhone!
Coyotemoon Security

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 12:05:47 pm »

ok, I have a Ipad 64gb and I have purchased not only Time Master but the invoicing and quickbooks modules. I have tried exporting and importing the iif file on numerous occasions without anyluck. It works according to plan until "time master will ask you if you want to import" and nothing happens. I have tried customer list only, item list only and my favorite was both of them together and it locked up my ipad were I had to default it and restore it......HELP
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 01:01:15 pm »

ok, I have a Ipad 64gb and I have purchased not only Time Master but the invoicing and quickbooks modules. I have tried exporting and importing the iif file on numerous occasions without anyluck. It works according to plan until "time master will ask you if you want to import" and nothing happens. I have tried customer list only, item list only and my favorite was both of them together and it locked up my ipad were I had to default it and restore it......HELP

What you need to do is this.  Email the template so that you receive it in the Mail app on your iPad.  Once there, you should see the attachment in the email and it may have the Time Master icon on it.  Tap on the icon.  This will now open a new window that shows the data.  On the top bar, which is only there for a second or two, there is a button that says "Open in Time Master".  If the bar disappears, just tap on the very top of the screen to make it re-apper.  Now tap on the button that says "Open in Time Master".  Once you do that, Time Master will launch and then prompt to you Import the data.  Tap "Yes" to import.  You can then verify the data by going into the Setup -> Database section to see your imported data.

Coyotemoon Security

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2010, 01:08:26 pm »

ok it does everythis except bold
Basically how this will work is that you will Export the list of Customers, Items and Jobs (make sure to uncheck all other items to keep the files size down) in a Quickbooks IIF file. Next you will email the IIF file to your iPad. In the email tap on the IIF file and it will ask you if you want to open the file with Time Master. It will then launch Time Master and ask you if you want to import the records. Once completed it will tell you how many of each type it imported. We've done our best to intelligently import the records and tag them with a Code to ensure that if you change things in QB in the future, they should also update correctly in Time Master.
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2010, 01:47:14 pm »

Is it launching Time Master when you tap on the "Open in Time Master" button?  If so, but it is not prompting to Import, then there may be something wrong with your IIF file.  Please email it to support@on-core.com so we can try it here.

Coyotemoon Security

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2010, 02:29:06 pm »

there are three on the way, one customers only, items only and a combo file of both
Coyotemoon Security

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2010, 03:04:47 pm »

ANY luck with those files?
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2010, 03:18:10 pm »

The issue is that your file contains a non-ASCII character (a SUM symbol).  The way that the program works is that we allow the iPhone to try and determine the "file type" of the file that came from the email.  It scans the file and sees this non-ASCII character, then tries using UTF-8, which this file is not in the UTF-8 format either, thus it's failing because of that.  We really do not have a good way to deal with issues like this due to the limitations on the iPhone OS.  The best thing would be if you could either remove the SUM symbol or replace it with a word.

ocbizlaw

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2010, 05:01:09 pm »

I'm not clear on this.  Am I not able to integrate with Quickbooks on my iPhone 4?  Do I need an iPad to do that?  I wish this had been made more clear.
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2010, 08:44:54 pm »

I'm not clear on this.  Am I not able to integrate with Quickbooks on my iPhone 4?  Do I need an iPad to do that?  I wish this had been made more clear.

You can import QB IIF files on any devices with the recent versions of Time Master.  Although I would not consider this "integrating" with QB, it does allow you to import Customers, Jobs and Items.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: