On-Core Software
November 25, 2020, 09:21:36 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Unique Identifier for CSV Time Record reports  (Read 4848 times)
jrs

« on: September 14, 2013, 03:00:45 am »

Hi,

I use the CSV reports which are imported into my own custom database. It would be a useful feature for me if each row of the report had a unique identifer, so that I could avoid duplicate imports, or to update records that are already in my database.

Thanks.
Rob
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2013, 07:26:38 pm »

That is what the "Reported" flag in each record is for.  After Generating the Report, you send it to yourself.  If it imports correctly, allow it to "Mark as Reported" in Time Master.  In the Report "Filter" section, set Reported to "No".  That will prevent the record from being sent again.  Hope that helps.
jrs

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2013, 12:48:18 am »

Hi,

That's not exactly what I had in mind. Let's say I generate a report and import it into my database. At the moment, each record can only be identified by a subset of the data in its row(For eg. date, time, project, etc). 
If I were to go back and edit the time record on my Ipad and import it once again into my database, I want the record in my database to be updated, and not create a new record. This is difficult to do at the moment because some of the data that I might use to uniquely identify a record may have changed. This is where a UID would be useful. It wouldn't change. This  would allow me to keep a consistent set of data throughout the process.

Thanks
Ernesto
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2013, 01:48:14 am »

Hi jrs.

We currently have a UID of each record internally, but are not exported as part of the CSV export. I'll look into perhaps having the option to export it as part of the CSV report.

Thanks for your suggestion, and while I can't make any promises, we'll definitely include on the product's wish list.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: