On-Core Software
December 13, 2019, 07:35:28 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [BUG] Version 2.4 can't connect to keyserver using version 1.1.4+  (Read 3874 times)
an3k

« on: August 13, 2013, 10:31:15 am »

I have added plenty of key-servers to test this out. Currently I have added the following servers:

• address: pgp.uni-mainz.de
    software: SKS OpenPGP Keyserver
    version: 1.1.3
  • address: schluesseldienst.hauke-lampe.de
    version: 1.1.2
  • address: pgp.net.nz
    version: 1.1.1
  • address: pgp.mit.edu
    version: 1.1.0
  • address: stinkfoot.org
    version: 1.0.10
  • address: pks.gpg.cz
    version: 1.0.9

I can't add any of the following servers. All of them are using SKS OpenPGP Keyserver version 1.1.4 or higher:

Error is always: 404

I can add them if I use the ReCon port but then I can't use the server for key searches, etc.

Another but small bug: german translation is wrong: It says "Schlüsselverwaltung" (keymanagement) but its sub-menu allows to edit the server list and passphrase timeout. Best thing I think is to move both sub-menus (Entry "servers" and "passphrase timeout" into the main menu and remove the wrong labels main-menu entry.
Ernesto
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2013, 01:16:18 pm »

Thanks for reporting this. We were using a dummy search to verify the connection, but version 1.1.4 changed the HTTP response code for "No key found". I've changed the verification code to issue a "stats" op instead, which should be more compatible. I've also added proper handling for the new HTTP response code and error messages.

The changes will be available on version 2.5, which we should release as soon as Apple let us upload iOS 7 compatible apps.

Also thanks for your suggestion about the settings UI. Can't make any promises but we'll look into it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: