On-Core Software
December 13, 2019, 08:23:58 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What does this message mean?  (Read 10057 times)
strudel

« on: August 06, 2013, 06:12:12 pm »

I often get the following message:

This event could not be modified. Please edit the event manually in the Calendar app.
(That item does not belong to that event store.)

What does that actually mean? And why can it not be modified?

Thanks!
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2013, 09:29:48 pm »

For certain events, for example "meeting invites" from other people, Apple does not give 3rd party developers "permissions" to edit/modify an event.  Since we cannot change the time for the next snooze alert, we tell you that we cannot modify it and if you want to set a new reminder time, you have to edit the event thru Apple's Calendar app.  They will allow you to change that alone, but only thru the app itself.

Hope that makes sense.
strudel

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2013, 08:20:09 am »

For certain events, for example "meeting invites" from other people, Apple does not give 3rd party developers "permissions" to edit/modify an event.  Since we cannot change the time for the next snooze alert, we tell you that we cannot modify it and if you want to set a new reminder time, you have to edit the event thru Apple's Calendar app.  They will allow you to change that alone, but only thru the app itself.

Hi, Actually I'm getting this message with many of my appointments, and I don't have any "meeting invites" or anything like that. All my appointments I actually enter myself. Is there something I can do? Otherwise, this app doesn't make much sense for me if I have to edit each appointment to get it to snooze each time.
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2013, 08:58:07 pm »

How are you creating these?  Are they in Apple's Calendar app or are you using something like Google calendars?  If in the Calendar app, are they regular "built-in" calendars or are they "hosted" on a server?  If they are on a Server are the "Delegate" calendars?
MJ

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2013, 11:26:58 am »

I appreciate your trying to help, but...
I also get this error message.
Daily.
Several times a day.
For my own events - ones that I myself have entered on my computer.
I also have no "meeting events"; nor do I use any other calendar than Apple's.
I do not use Google's calendar, nor any other "hosted" on any server that I know of.
I don't even know what a "delegate" calendar is.
This kind of application is seemingly aimed at folks like me - not technogeeks who understand the jargon you are using - but just plain vanilla everyday folk who need some scheduling help.
It makes this application something less than desirable...
This error message is obviously a bug, and you should address it asap.
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2013, 11:44:19 am »

Launch your Calendar App.  Go to Preference and select the "Accounts" tab.  Do you have a Calendar in the left column?

If so, then select your calendar on the left column.  On the right side, click on the "Delegate" tab.  That shows a box with the title "Accounts I can access:" and should show at least one line inside with a description of the calendar.  If there is a "checkmark" on the "Show" calendar, then your calendar is hosted and is a delegate calendar and that would be your problem.

The thing about this message is that when we try to "edit" the event, we call Apple's routines to modify the event.  If it tells us that we are unable to edit the event, we show this message so that you can edit it thru the Calendar app as that is the only way to edit those events.  We cannot do anything to be able to edit events that Apple says we cannot edit.  This is very frustrating for us too as there is nothing we can do about that.  Sad
MJ

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2013, 01:36:21 pm »

As for your statement: "That shows a box with the title "Accounts I can access:"

Unfortunately, the Delegation pane has only an "iCloud CalDAV" listing in the left column (whatever that may be) and a message in the right side box that reads only: "The server doesn't support delegation for this account."
There is no mention of "Accounts I can access"
There is no "checkmark"
There is no "Show calendar"
Nothing else...
 Undecided
I understand you may not be able to access certain functions, but surely you must have known that from the get-go; so why not say that up front on your app store site? I (and others) could've saved a little money.
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2013, 02:01:58 pm »

Ok, so you are using iCloud as a server.  I wouldn't think that would be a problem and it sounds like you are not using a delegate calendar.  So unfortunately I cannot tell you why your events are locking us out from being able to Edit them.  SnoozeMaster seems to be working for most people, but there are always some exceptions to the rule and sadly it seems that you are one of them.  We would recommend that you contact Apple and ask for a refund.  Sorry for the inconvenience, but it is beyond our control.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: