On-Core Software
December 05, 2019, 10:22:12 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Beginner, Please help!  (Read 4507 times)
JellyBean

« on: June 11, 2013, 03:10:44 am »

I just recently purchased SecuMail for my Ipad so I can send/receive secure emails. I am so lost it is not funny, I am complete newb when it comes to PGP. Can someone help me get started? A few questions I have..

1) Does Secumail actually send/recieve emails or is that my Mail.app on my Ipad?

2) Can I configure my Ipad to recieve emails from my tormail.org email address(increased security)?

3)Where do I even start???

A walkthrough broken down as simple as possible would help so much!

thanks in advance
JellyBean
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2013, 02:52:14 pm »

I just recently purchased SecuMail for my Ipad so I can send/receive secure emails. I am so lost it is not funny, I am complete newb when it comes to PGP. Can someone help me get started? A few questions I have..

1) Does Secumail actually send/recieve emails or is that my Mail.app on my Ipad?

SecuMail (SM) can "send" messages directly from the app, but any email coming in comes in thru the built-in Mail App and that message can be opened/imported into SM.

2) Can I configure my Ipad to recieve emails from my tormail.org email address(increased security)?

Sure, if they are normal email accounts, you can just add them to your Mail program.  The encrypted text/message/attachments would be opened and decrypted in SM.

3)Where do I even start???

A walkthrough broken down as simple as possible would help so much!

We really do not have any kind of walkthrough.  The PGP stuff is a bit complicated in general.  You would have to create you PGP keys in order to encrypt and decrypt messages (and your Public keys shared with whomever you are communicating with).  Those keys have to be created on your desktop computer and then imported into SM one time.  Unfortunately that is much more than we can go thru here as there are many different desktop computer programs and they all have different ways do doing things.  Once that is done, it's not too bad.  Please note that you can also download the same documentation that is built-in to the app from the SM page on our website.  http://on-core.com/secumail/  Scroll down near the bottom for the download link.
JellyBean

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2013, 04:54:41 pm »

Adam,

Thanks for the response! I have already created my keys on my macbook using the GPG tools suite, the thing im really confused about is adding a server in the key manager on secumail. But i will add the keys as you suggested and continue to rack my brain trying to learn PGP!
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2013, 04:58:18 pm »

Ahhh, sounds like you are off to a good start then!  Just export your Public and Private keys and email to your device.  Then click on the file in the email on your device and let it open in SecuMail.  That will then import them.  Your keys are "safe" as only you know your password (key phrase) for those files.  You can also import your friends "public" keys, that they email to you, so that you can send them encrypted emails.  Or if they have posted their keys on a key server you can grab them that way too.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: