On-Core Software
December 13, 2019, 09:05:16 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Not consistently "on"  (Read 12866 times)
JerryA

« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2013, 03:05:05 pm »

Just downloaded version 1.3 ... new user  .... and if use snooze to remind me later and  then computer goes to sleep past the time it was supposed to come up again, the next reminder does not come up .... is this still a problem with this version
lupetu

« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2013, 01:36:57 pm »

I've updated to 1.3, and I'm still seeing the same behavior, where it stops working after sleeping.  It actually seemed a little bit better in the previous two versions.  It's frustrating, because if it didn't turn off without warning, it would be so useful!
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2013, 01:42:43 pm »

We have been trying to reproduce this and so far no luck.  We are testing this on our MacBook Pro and putting it to sleep and waking it up hours or days later.  Hopefully at some point it will cause this issue that you guys are having and we can see if we can fix it.

Please keep a few things in mind, as was mentioned by a user.  If you are setting an Alert and the Alert time is before the current date/time, you will not get an alert.  So for example if you set an event for tomorrow, but your Alert is set to remind you two days before, you will not get that alert, because it is in the past.  SM will only trigger on alerts that are from Now and forward.  Also if you try to set an alert of 1 minute in advance, there is a chance that the Mac OSX will not send the event to SM fast enough and you will not get that alert.
lupetu

« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2013, 04:54:19 pm »

To clarify, sometimes SnoozeMaster works fine for me.  Since restarting my computer yesterday it has (mostly) been behaving as desired.  I would guess that after not rebooting for some time my computer gets into a strange state that conflicts with the application.  I should probably reboot more often...
Also, I somehow ended up with two instances of it running (and thus two identical notifications for each event).  Not a big deal, since I just quit one of them, but should that even be possible?
PedroFromAus

« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2013, 06:48:53 pm »

I am still having this problem too - I've created a Keyboard Maestro macro to quit and restart Snoozemaster whenever my Macbook wakes from sleep. It's not ideal, but a workaround until they fix this problem.... which I hope they do soon!
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2013, 09:00:20 pm »

SnoozeMaster 1.4 is now available for update.  Please try this version to see how it works?  We re-wrote quite a bit of code to try and resolve the odd issues with Mac OSX and several bug fixes.  Hopefully this will solve these issues.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: