On-Core Software
December 13, 2019, 08:28:45 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Not consistently "on"  (Read 12865 times)
lupetu

« on: March 28, 2013, 11:34:14 am »

I'm soooo happy to have a way to get multiple snooze options back.  Thank you!
One problem I've encountered, is that sometimes the app doesn't seem to be active (I get no notifications), even though the menu bar item is still present.  I have to quit and reopen to get it to work again.  Also, I'm not sure the "start on login" makes it truly start, again it looks open, but not active.  I explicitly added it to my login items, so perhaps that will work.
One suggestion: make the notification box a little smaller, or even customizable.  It's a bit too distracting as is.
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 03:23:41 pm »

Currently if your Mac goes to "Sleep" it will not remind you after it has woken back up.  We have fixed this for the next version that we will be submitting shortly to Apple for "Review".  Is that possibly what might be happening to you?

The Start at Login option is so if you Reboot (or Startup) your Mac, it will launch this application when it boots.  Otherwise you would have to manually start it after a Reboot/Startup.

We've been debating shrinking the box and text a little bit.  You are the first person to say anything about the size, but I agree that I'd like it a tiny bit smaller over all.  The whole box is actually going to get bigger because we are adding some more stuff to it (buttons, status, etc.), so the new version needs to shrink a little bit anyway.  I personally move mine up all the way to the upper right hand corner.  That way it pretty much stays out of the way until I'm ready to address it.
hill Billy

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2013, 03:12:31 pm »

I can't wait to see 1.1   Grin

I'm very happy to FINALLY see someone did something with the virtually unusable snoozes in iCal 10.8, too..

I'm curious what size screen the OP uses that the notifications are too large for them. I have a large iMac and I would hate to see them get smaller. If anything happens in the future, maybe a customizable display could make everyone happy, not a one size fits all answer....
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2013, 03:49:16 pm »

It's going to be slightly smaller than it was.  We pretty much matched the size that Apple had used to use when they had their fixed snooze-able system in 10.6 and earlier.  v1.1 will be slightly taller as we have a "queued" status line on the bottom.  We feel that the new size, with slightly smaller font and more info will work a bit better as if you move it to say the top right, it pretty much stays out of the way of most screens and you can snooze/dismiss it when you feel like it.
marklemac

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2013, 02:22:18 pm »

Really looking forward to seeing the update 'appear' in the app store ready for me to download Smiley
marklemac

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2013, 06:04:16 am »

yay, update just appeared on the app store.

downloading now Smiley
PedroFromAus

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2013, 01:51:20 am »

I seem to be having this problem - although I am on the latest version (1.2). I get some notifications from the app, and then they stop. When I restart the app I get the queued notifications appearing.

Is anyone else getting this problem?
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2013, 07:52:24 am »

Hi Pedro,

Can look to see if there are any Crash Logs for SnoozeMaster?  Launch an app called "Console" (Applications -> Utilities).  On the left hand column look in either any of the "…. Diagnostic Reports" folders and see if there is anything that says "SnoozeMaster".  If it does, please copy the text out of there and email it to our "support at on-core dot com" email address and we will determine what is happening.  Thanks.
pbberson

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2013, 11:18:17 am »

I have had this same issue since I first activated.  Customer support has tried and I have a beta version of an update, but I still get very few notifications.  It is frustrating to see a reminder on my iphone/ipad, but nothing on my MacBook.  I have not rated this in the App store, but unless there are updates in the works for Snoozemaster to handle sleep/hibernate mode just like a restart I will have no choice to recommend that people save their money and wait for a app that actually works.
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2013, 12:22:51 pm »

Peter, as I unfortunately told you in our last email to you, it is working for most everyone but you for whatever reason.  Without any error messages from the system Console app, it is impossible for us to determine why your system is not working and don't have a way to fix that without you handing us your computer to debug on.  That is why we suggested if you are unhappy to ask for Apple for a refund.  On rare occasions, things just don't work right for some individuals systems and as much as we would love to fix this issue, unless we can figure out what is happening, we don't know what else we can do to help you.  Sad
pbberson

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2013, 01:23:02 pm »

Adam,
Thanks for your reply.  I have a very new MacBook Pro and believe I have a fairly standard set=up.  I checked again for any error messages and there were none.  I am using 1.3b.  Seems based on some of the comments in this string the issue remains.   I would love to get this worked out, but getting your hands o my computer probably would not work out.  Any other suggestion on how we can get this resovled?
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2013, 01:36:42 pm »

Hi Peter,

The release version of 1.3 is basically the 1.3b6 that you were testing.  The difference is that the release version allows the app to launch at startup.  That option does not work on beta's because Apple does not allow that.

I'm not really sure how we can "debug" your system.  I will see if we can come up with any ideas next week.
aradams

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2013, 11:30:21 am »

I, too, am having the same problem. SnoozeMaster won't resume its work after computer wakes from sleep. It's "active" in the taskbar but the snooze alerts don't appear. I have to relaunch the app in order for it to start working again.

I haven't left feedback in the App Store yet either but right now I can't recommend this app due to this problem.

I have checked Console > Diagnostic Reports and see no error message.

Running version 1.3 on OS X 10.8.3, on iMac 2.66 GHz i5
pbberson

« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2013, 11:07:09 am »

Adam,
Have not heard back from you on a solution.  I uninstalled the beta version that you sent and reinstalled 1.3 from iTunes.  Seems to work better, but i need to launch the app each time I reboot or the systems awakes.

Any suggestions?

Peter
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2013, 12:07:58 pm »

Once you move back to the "release" version you need to go back into the Preference and turn "Start at Logon" back ON.  You needed to turn that Off when testing the beta.  If it is On, then turn it Off then back On again to toggle the setting.  Also make sure that you remove the beta from the System Preferences -> Users -> Startup items.

We are currently testing a 1.4 beta version to see if it helps with people who have the issue where it "locks" up.  For example, clicking on the buttons have no effect.

Unfortunately some events cause Apple's API to "hang" (Apples software hangs and locks up SnoozeMaster).  We've done our best to work-around this issue, but there may be some Calendar Entries that will cause grief.  We've reported the issue to Apple, but they do not give us any feedback to if or when they will fix it.  We will keep our fingers crossed that it will be in one of the updates in the near future.  We will keep doing our best to try and work-around these issues as we can identify them.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: