On-Core Software
December 13, 2019, 09:29:35 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to keep keys updated on iOS devices  (Read 3599 times)
asger

« on: March 22, 2013, 03:42:34 am »

Thanks so much for at great App!
I am using Secumail 2.4 on iPad and iPhone.
How to keep my keys updated?
On my iMac i am using Symantec PgP Desktop 10.2.1. (limited, not licensed version)
I have about 600 keys.
When a contact send me a new key, I go to my Keys in PgP and delete the old one, import the new one.
What to do on my iOS devices?
I use to do like this, in iMac:  mark all my keys > right click, export > save the file "Exported Keys.ASC" to dropbox.
In Secumail on iOS devices: Keys > + > import keys from Dropbox.
What happens in this procedure?
I presume that the new ones are added, the existing doublets are overwritten? And the old ones, which i actually wants to get rid of … are still there?

Please help.
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2013, 11:17:51 am »

Thanks so much for at great App!
I am using Secumail 2.4 on iPad and iPhone.
How to keep my keys updated?
On my iMac i am using Symantec PgP Desktop 10.2.1. (limited, not licensed version)
I have about 600 keys.
When a contact send me a new key, I go to my Keys in PgP and delete the old one, import the new one.
What to do on my iOS devices?
I use to do like this, in iMac:  mark all my keys > right click, export > save the file "Exported Keys.ASC" to dropbox.
In Secumail on iOS devices: Keys > + > import keys from Dropbox.
What happens in this procedure?
I presume that the new ones are added, the existing doublets are overwritten? And the old ones, which i actually wants to get rid of … are still there?

Please help.

Yes, that is correct.  It will add any new keys and overwrite any existing keys with the if they have the same Key ID.  If the Key ID changes, it will then have two entries.  We do not delete any keys, so yes you would have to do that manually.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: