On-Core Software
August 23, 2019, 01:43:59 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: iPad Time Master Reporting  (Read 3972 times)
grk_astronomer

« on: June 22, 2010, 08:38:25 am »

I have been using TimeMaster on my iPad for a few weeks now and I'd like to say that if there are any competitor applications out there, they ymust be way behind and down the hill.  The application is simply fantastic.  However, I do have what I do believe to be a simple reporting request. Here are the requirements:

(1) Add the ability to roll-up hours spent on a task if tasks are selected as part of the report structure and start and stop times are not.
(2) Add the ability to report total time by client, date, and reported hours.  (A special case of roll-up repoorting)

This could either be delivered by having a special report to do this, or by making the reporting choices a little bit more intelligent by adding a roll-up summary level switch in the report fields design section.

There are many customer that simply just want how many hours you spent on the project on any given day, while others may want to know tasks; but, not necessarily see time breakdowns.
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2010, 10:08:35 am »

I have been using TimeMaster on my iPad for a few weeks now and I'd like to say that if there are any competitor applications out there, they must be way behind and down the hill.  The application is simply fantastic.  However, I do have what I do believe to be a simple reporting request. Here are the requirements:

(1) Add the ability to roll-up hours spent on a task if tasks are selected as part of the report structure and start and stop times are not.

Well our initial thought is that when people really need to so some serious reporting, they could export and open with Excel, however we do want to add some sort of "summary" reports where things can be, as you would say rolled up.  The reports are quite tricky to develop and there are some features that we need to add to the program before we can develop new reports.  Namely an overtime/doubletime function and flat rate projects.

(2) Add the ability to report total time by client, date, and reported hours.  (A special case of roll-up repoorting)

This could either be delivered by having a special report to do this, or by making the reporting choices a little bit more intelligent by adding a roll-up summary level switch in the report fields design section.

There are many customer that simply just want how many hours you spent on the project on any given day, while others may want to know tasks; but, not necessarily see time breakdowns.

You can use the "filters" to report by a specific Client, Project for a given date range and the Results screen will give you a summary total.

reddot

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2010, 08:27:34 am »

I also vote for a roll up feature. My clients only want to see the totals for each project for each day when I submit my timesheet. In my invoices, they want to see only my time for each project during that invoice period.

The current functionality of the reports is fine for timesheets, although it would be a lot easier if there were a "timesheet" view such as:

Sun Mon Tu Wed Th Fr Sat Total
Project 1           0    4   3     5    2  5   0     19
Project 2           0    4   5     3    6   5  0     19
Totals               0    8   8    8     8   8  8

In fact, that would solve both my problems for a weekly view. However, some of my clients want monthly invoices, so it would be nice to have a roll up view for that. Going through and running a report on each project is a pain in the butt. Clearly it's not a deal breaker, as I still use your app. Smiley But it would be really awesome.

Thanks.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: