On-Core Software
December 05, 2019, 09:23:55 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Reduction in number of picks, clicks, etc.  (Read 3282 times)
empowergraphics

« on: February 20, 2013, 11:58:32 am »

I find I spend a lot of unnecessary time on picks and clicks that should be totally unnecessary. For one example, the date picker - why do I need to pick a date, then pick "Done". It should simply accept the date I pick. Done.

I would rather spend the time to go back in if I make a mistake than having to pick "Done" every single time.
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 01:19:36 pm »

Because if you picked the Month and then it disappeared, then you had to reopen the control to set the Day, then it closed and perhaps you had to set the Year, this would become extremely annoying.  Also that is how Apple designed the "built-in" controls.  We use what Apple gives us as the will guarantee that it will work in the future when they update the operating system.
empowergraphics

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2013, 12:07:32 pm »

I have been using an app called PocketMoney for bank account management. I do not know if their calendar is custom but it looks just like Apple's and allows one pick for the date and allows month selection without jumping back out. It just seems like a pretty obvious solution...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: