On-Core Software
November 13, 2019, 03:00:27 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: iPad will not send email with single page pdf, is there a fix?
Apple Mail - 0 (0%)
iPad Mail - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Invoice export in IOS will not email PDF  (Read 8894 times)
mananalu

« on: January 14, 2013, 11:00:30 am »

IOS 6 on iPad will not let mail send a single page PDF from the invoice export module, I have to sync it with my iPhone in order to send an invoice. Time Master tells in its sent, but they remain in the outbox with an error message that says "was rejected by the server" are you aware of this issue? I think it is an apple issue with mail on the iPad curious if there is a workaround on your end? It worked great prior to IOS 6, very frustrating. Thanks for any help you can give!
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 11:09:31 am »

That means that you do not have the built-in Mail app configured correctly on your iPad.  Go into Apple's "Settings" app and fix your outgoing mail server for your "default" email account.  We use the built-in mail to send emails.  If it's going to the "outbox" that means it's getting hung up in the Mail app, not Time Master.

Try sending emails from the Mail app and make sure that works first.  After that you can go to the Outbox and send those emails.
mananalu

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2013, 08:54:02 am »

I realize it is an issue with "mail" all settings are correct, there is an issue with apple mail sending single page attachments that are pdf files it embeds them if they are single page, if they are more then one page they go out sometimes... Single page emails form Timemaster sit in the outbox and give you the error message I mentioned. It is an apple problem surprised you have not heard this. Was hoping there was a workaround, currently i have to send them from my iPhone with IOS6 since the iPad won't send pdf's. All mail settings are identical, everything else works fine just wont send it out when it comes from Timemaster as a single page pdf.
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2013, 09:11:26 am »

I send single page PDF invoices from my iPad (3rd gen) all the time.  Have not had a problem.  Can you try sending it thru a different email account?

The only problem we've ever heard of is if people have had is if they have an invoice with only one time entry with very little text and have a "Text" Heading.  Some email programs, on the computer end, would mangle the PDF because it thought they were text files instead of binaries.  To fix that problem, we recommended that people create a Graphic logo for the Heading instead.  But what you are talking about is "sending" an email and the only issues that people have had with that is problems with their email settings.  Sad
Rick

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2013, 06:39:16 pm »

I have been having the same problem sending one page PDF invoices from my iPad Mini. More than one page invoices usually work.  I do not know about "binaries" or how to "create a graphic header". Can someone please help Huh
Rick

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2013, 01:48:04 pm »

I can send the PDFs from my iPad Mini, but they do not show up when my client receives the email-- even though I can see and open them on my Mac.  I can even forward the original email from my Mac to the same client and they can see the PDF.  I tried sending from my old iPad2 and my clients can see the PDF from that device.  They both use the same email client (iOS) and email account (hosted by Yahoo!).  I do not understand why it works from one iOS device and not the other??? 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
Ernesto
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2013, 01:54:17 pm »

This seems to be an bug with how Apple's mail library embeds single-page PDFs on different devices. Time Master doesn't do anything different if it's an iPhone, an iPad (mini or otherwise) and if it's a single-page or multi-page PDF. I've been in contact with Rick through email and he indicated the same documents is emailed fine from his iPad 2. Nevertheless, I've put together a fix that attempts to address the issue by tricking the email client into not inlining single-page PDFs. Unfortunately, we can't reproduce the problem, so testing is difficult. But we'll include it on our next release and hopefully it will improve this situation (if iOS 7 doesn't fixes the problem entirely).

Rick

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2013, 12:50:01 am »

This seems to be an bug with how Apple's mail library embeds single-page PDFs on different devices. Time Master doesn't do anything different if it's an iPhone, an iPad (mini or otherwise) and if it's a single-page or multi-page PDF. I've been in contact with Rick through email and he indicated the same documents is emailed fine from his iPad 2. Nevertheless, I've put together a fix that attempts to address the issue by tricking the email client into not inlining single-page PDFs. Unfortunately, we can't reproduce the problem, so testing is difficult. But we'll include it on our next release and hopefully it will improve this situation (if iOS 7 doesn't fixes the problem entirely).

Ernesto, you have been as helpful and responsive as ever. Thanks to your help we were able to isolate the problem to some HTML links in the signature block on one of my IOS devices, bit not the other. All is working well now. Who knew that the signature block could screw up a PDF attachment?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: