On-Core Software
August 21, 2019, 01:31:49 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Invoice PDF attachment missing when sent from iPad mini  (Read 9991 times)
tmdg

« on: January 02, 2013, 02:42:52 pm »

Hello,

if I generate a invoice from my iphone 4s, ios 6.0.1 & TM 5.6, my client receives an email with the invoice PDF attached. If I send the same email from my iPad mini, ios 6.0.2 & TM 5.6, the invoice PDF is missing from the email. Any ideas what could be the issue?

Dave
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 03:15:17 pm »

That is very strange indeed.  Have not heard of anything like that before.  The iOS *should* be pretty much the same on both devices.  One thing you could try is to make sure that the data on the iPad mini is exactly the same as the iPhone.  Do a Backup in Time Master on your iPhone and then Restore from that same backup file on your iPad.  If that doesn't work, my only guess is that there is some issue with your email configuration on the mini.  You would have to verify it on your iPad vs. your iPhone in Apple's Settings app.
tmdg

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 04:16:57 pm »

That is very strange indeed.  Have not heard of anything like that before.  The iOS *should* be pretty much the same on both devices.  One thing you could try is to make sure that the data on the iPad mini is exactly the same as the iPhone.  Do a Backup in Time Master on your iPhone and then Restore from that same backup file on your iPad.  If that doesn't work, my only guess is that there is some issue with your email configuration on the mini.  You would have to verify it on your iPad vs. your iPhone in Apple's Settings app.

I will try that and let you know what I find.

Thanks
rad

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2013, 06:31:27 pm »

I have had the same problem, with an ipad.  the solution that worked for me was turn off "message is HTML".

go to setup/invoicing/email/invoices
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2013, 10:55:24 am »

Hey Rad,

That is an excellent point that I did not think of.  If you turn Off the HTML and that works, that is probably a good indication that there is some malformed HTML code in your "Message" section.  For example if you had a "<p>something" and forgot to close it with a "</p>", that could mess up how an email client reads the attachment in the email.
Rick

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2013, 06:28:42 pm »

Very interesting indeed. I have been most frustrated by my clients not seeing the PDF attachments (invoices) and have had a number of email exchanges with Adam at OnCore on this topic since I "upgraded" to a new version in early 2013. He keeps telling me he has never heard of this problem---  :-\yet here it is on their Forum. What have others found as the solution?  Does the HTML fix work?  Huh
Rick

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2013, 06:34:08 pm »

Hey Rad,

That is an excellent point that I did not think of.  If you turn Off the HTML and that works, that is probably a good indication that there is some malformed HTML code in your "Message" section.  For example if you had a "<p>something" and forgot to close it with a "</p>", that could mess up how an email client reads the attachment in the email.

Hmmm. I went and checked and HTML was already off.  Adam, would you please write in plain English so a non-techie can understand what I should do to fix this annoying problem?  I am NOT a programmer and most of your customers aren't either.
Ernesto
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2013, 01:54:51 pm »

Rick has contacted me through email and we're trying to find a solution to this problem.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: