On-Core Software
August 25, 2019, 07:28:19 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A fixed discount per hour for each customer  (Read 4907 times)
kgdtech
« on: November 08, 2012, 12:17:41 pm »

I would like a way to give a discount amount per hour to different customers that way I can show it on the invoice.
It is what keeps me from using this program exclusively.
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2012, 12:24:06 pm »

We do not have a way to show that.  For example if you charged $100 per hour.  If you give a 5% discount, what would you do?  Would you change the Rate to $95?  Even if you did, the client would not know it's a "discount".  I will add your request to our "wish list", but I cannot say if this would get implemented or not.  We do have Discount for the whole invoice and that indicates that there is a discount, but cannot do it line by line.
kgdtech
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2012, 12:34:25 pm »

The way I do it now with Quickbooks is

Service that has been completed | 1 Hour | $85.00
Credit - Outstanding Customer | 1 Hour | -$20.00

Total = $65.00

Is there a way to do this?
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2012, 01:23:34 pm »

There is a "Discount" field in the Invoice.  But it is a Discount overall.  We do not have discounts per line.

If you want to discount a specific entry, you should make a Global Task that says something like "Discounted Rate" or "Discount Rate 20%" and put the Rate in that Task so that it will bill that rate instead.
kgdtech
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2012, 02:29:17 pm »

That might do what I need but I run into the same problem when I tried to do it as an expense. It does not let me subtract I can only add 20.00 or 20%

Thank you for the timely responses
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2012, 02:35:12 pm »

That is correct.  Expenses do not have "Rates", so you would have to adjust the amount.  I suppose you could create two expenses.  One at full price and one at 20% off.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: