On-Core Software
December 05, 2019, 10:58:12 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Needs TextExpander Integration!  (Read 4809 times)
ssp5a1

« on: June 20, 2010, 10:31:34 am »

Love the app, please add TextExpander integration!  Most of my time entries use the same set of entries ("Conference call re ...", "Review documents re ...", etc.), so this would help me a great deal!

Thanks,
Steve
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2010, 11:14:37 am »

Love the app, please add TextExpander integration!  Most of my time entries use the same set of entries ("Conference call re ...", "Review documents re ...", etc.), so this would help me a great deal!

Hi Steve,

This is already in version 3.0 (which will hopefully be out within a week or so depending upon Apple's "Review" time).  We actually had to have the TE guys modify their program to work with Time Master since we use more complex data entry than the normal programs.  They were great to work with!

Cheers,
Adam.
simonrobs

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2010, 02:06:11 am »

So how does this work, I just downloaded TM 3.0, bought text expander, created 2 snippets, shared snippets in TE, tried to type in Notes and Session Notes for a Task Entry and nothing happens - what am I missing / is there any further documentation?
The TM 3.0 documentation guide just has references to TE web site and there is not yet a link on http://www.smileonmymac.com/TextExpander/touch/applist.html for TM?
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2010, 10:01:39 am »

So how does this work, I just downloaded TM 3.0, bought text expander, created 2 snippets, shared snippets in TE, tried to type in Notes and Session Notes for a Task Entry and nothing happens - what am I missing / is there any further documentation?
The TM 3.0 documentation guide just has references to TE web site and there is not yet a link on http://www.smileonmymac.com/TextExpander/touch/applist.html for TM?

Hi Simon,

Good communicating with you in email.

For some reason Simon figured out that if he tried using a snippet without a number in it, it started working.  e.g. he used "ddate" and from there everything worked fine.  So if anyone else has this problem, try ddate and then see if it works from then on?

I do want to note that by default TextExpander is case sensitive.  So if you were in the beginning of a sentence and you typed "sig1", the iPhone would try to auto-capitalize the S so it would become "Sig1" and that will not expand.  Also make sure that you have the "Share Snippets" ON.

simonrobs

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2010, 10:33:58 am »

thanks - a little bit more info - I think the issue was not so much with the 1 (or digit), it was when I tried to use sig1, auto suggest kicked in at the moment that I had typed in sig and then accepting or rejecting te auto suggestion somehow disabled text expander. So using ddate for some reason kick started the use of TE in TM and away we go. Thanks
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: