On-Core Software
December 05, 2019, 09:25:25 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Problem seeing device on Windows  (Read 7302 times)
Adam
Administrator

« on: March 26, 2010, 06:32:36 pm »

We've received several reports of people having trouble seeing the iPhone/iPod Touch on Windows systems.  The first thing to know is that the iPhone must be *running* Time Master and it must be *awake*.  If it is still failing the next most common problem is with Apple's Bonjour needing "Repair".

On Windows, in some instances, there is a huge time delay for the iPhone / iPod Touch to show up in the Devices list or doesn't seem to show at all. Then when you click on the device, the "Backup" box does not show right away, sometimes taking several minutes. We discovered that there is an issue with Apple's Bonjour (plug and play app) on Windows. We've learned that if you "Repair" Bonjour it seems to work properly again. Here are the steps for Windows XP and Vista.

Windows Vista:
Start -> Control Panel
In the "Programs" section, click on the "Uninstall a program" link.
Select "Bonjour"
Click on "Change" button on top (do not click on the Repair button on the menu next to it).
On the window that pop's up, click "Repair"
Finish

Windows XP:
Start -> Settings -> Control Panel
Click on "Add or Remove Programs"
Select "Bonjour"
Click the "Change" button
Click "Repair"
Finish

If that still doesn't work, then send us an email and we'll try to go from there!
PHD

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2010, 03:14:20 am »

Hi my iPhone (3GS) and Timemaster Central broke up how can get them together again. It worked perfectly last night yet today they can't/won't see each other. I have tried the repair on "Bonjour" as suggestedbut nothing. I am on Windows 7. Any suggestions  Angry
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2010, 11:39:59 am »

Hi my iPhone (3GS) and Timemaster Central broke up how can get them together again. It worked perfectly last night yet today they can't/won't see each other. I have tried the repair on "Bonjour" as suggestedbut nothing. I am on Windows 7. Any suggestions  Angry

Perhaps you can try resetting all your Wi-Fi devices on the network.  Wi-Fi routers, iPhone, etc.  Sometimes the iPhone takes at least 30 seconds to re-attach to the Wi-Fi network.  Also make sure that you are using Time Master Central 2.1.
lois@sachslaseur.com

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2010, 11:33:13 am »

I'm having the same problem - also on Windows 7.  I tried the "Bonjour" repair, although it didn't work quite the way the instructions for Vista read.  We just set up our wireless and everyone is using the same wireless connection.  I've been waiting for hours, and still my iPhone does not show up in Windows.  Any further suggestions?  Our IT guy has tried resetting the network, but that didn't help either. 
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2010, 10:13:05 pm »

Unfortunately there just seems to be some unknown oddity with some Windows systems.  We've never been able to put our fingers on what and why this is happening.  Fortunately there is now another option!  If you have updated your device to iOS 4 (iPhone or iPod), then you will how have the "Documents" folder in iTunes.

In iTunes, select your device.  Next select the "Apps" tab (top).  In the lower section of the screen is the "File Sharing" section.  Select "Time Master" and then you will see stuff in the "Documents" list.  The main file is named "database.rsd".  "Save" this to a safe place on your computer.  You will also want to rename it something that tells you when it's from.  For example rename it to "database 06.21.2010.rsd".

If you need to Restore the database, you must rename it back to "database.rsd" first (this is mandatory).  Click on the "Add..." button.  "Choose" the file and and when prompted you will need to "Replace" it.  Your iPhone should be restored with the contents of that database file.

« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 10:18:01 pm by Adam » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: