On-Core Software
December 13, 2019, 08:59:46 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Applying a "credit" to an invoice in the Time Master payment module  (Read 3471 times)
RFSTech

« on: June 05, 2012, 05:06:45 pm »

I usually provide the first hour of consulting and travel to the clients site for the initial consultation free of charge. If the client agrees to use my services I apply a credit to their first invoice. When I do this I create a "credit" payment in the clients name but I have to remember to apply it to the first invoice. Since a new client is usually kind of confusing from a billing perspective I usually create their invoice manually and then make any necessary adjustments, including applying the credit for the first hour of consulting and travel. My frustration is that I can only apply the credit to the invoice once the invoice is in a "billed" state. This gives me the false belief that I've already billed the client while I'm working out the billing details. Is there any way to apply a "credit" payment to a "pending" invoice? Or better yet, automatically apply the credit to any future invoice for that client as soon as I create the credit entry. - Thanks  (And thanks for a great product overall!)
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2012, 07:44:14 pm »

We don't allow payments, debits or credits to a Pending invoice because that invoice could get changed to a point where the payment and/or credit amount exceeds the invoice amount.  That would show a negative balance and is not what you should have on an invoice.  We are pondering a "auto post" option where it would apply any payments or credits in an oldest to newest invoice(s) in order.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: