On-Core Software
November 13, 2019, 03:18:19 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Keeping track of time and expenses on a fixed price job  (Read 3252 times)
Garrett

« on: May 09, 2012, 07:42:24 pm »

This app is great and does everything I need. I used to keep track of my hours on notepad and would get so busy I would forget entries and loose days of work records. I went though other programs, but none of the others would track expenses or invoice. Thank you.

My question is: I am a general contractor and one of my estimates was accepted. Now the job has a fixed price, but I want to keep track of my time and expenses, plus payments to subcontractors. I know it should be easy, but something isn't working. Shouldn't I be able to run a report and be able to see where I'm at?

-garrett
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 08:59:21 pm »

Yes, you should be able to.  The Expenses should also be assigned to the same Fixed Amount Project.  In the Fixed Amount Project, the "Total Includes Expenses" should be checked if you want to include the expenses on the invoice, but not bill extra for them.  If you don't want them on the invoice, then make sure that the "Reimbursable" row is *not* checked in each Expense.  If you run a regular "Report", that has the actual "Time", but only the first entry will show the total amount and the rest should be zero.  You could import it into a spreadsheet program such as Excel or Numbers and total the Time column and then multiply that number times your rate to see how good you guesstimated.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: